Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing/Saving my SSIA

Options
  • 12-06-2007 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey there,
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the best investment scheme is to put you SSIA into. I’ve had mine sitting there since I got the check (stupid I know) and I’ve started to dip into it. So I’ve been checking out Rabodirect and their saving scheme seems pretty good. I’ve been advised against the stock for the immediate future. Any views anyone.

Rabo give 5% on first 10,000, but only 3% on anything after that. If I had 20,000 to invest, would I not be better off finding a similar savings scheme (with a different bank) and splitting the 20,000 into two 10,000 saving accounts with the full 5% interest on the two. Any advice is much appreciated, on Rabo or elsewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Rabo's 5% will probably expire in six months time. Be sure to read the small print on the offer - it's only guaranteed until January 1st.

Have you looked into Quinn's funds? I take it you're fairly worried against risk? What sort of time-horizon are you looking at for the investment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Stool Pigeon

Well yeah I suppose I wouldn’t want to be putting my hard earned SSIA into something that’s very volatile. That’s why I was thinking of maybe a straightforward saving scheme. The time frame would be maybe 3-5 years….

Advertisement