Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ziggy a Homophobic stuck up two faced prat??

• 12-06-2007 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Did Ziggy get on anyones nerves tonight. At the start of the show he commented on how weird it was to see 2 guys hugging each other in a bed and how he could never get used to it then in the next clip he is seen telling seany not to worry about what people outside think as there are some ignorant people in the world!

Im not gay myself but have 2 very close mates who are who i know would be annoyed watching that! He is either pure ignorant or just simply a two faced prat!

He also just wrecks my head in general :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Yeah, he's definitely homophobic. You could see that when Seany went into the house and asked Ziggy, 'Are you ok?' Ziggy misheard, and answered,'No, I'm straight!'. Says it all really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pspdude

god i never even noticed that! what a muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think you'll find that most straight men would feel uncomfortable sleeping in a room with two men hugging in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

He was also seen hugging Gerry tonight....so how is that homophobic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ziggy is neither homophobic or two-faced and if you actually watched the clip with him talking to them about Chanelle he actually said it was really sweet or something, just that he felt a bit weird about it, which in fairness I agree with him. I'm straight, but have quite a few gay friends and it would weird me out a bit if they were hugging and stuff in a bed in the same room as me, so would a male/female couple actually. Ziggy is one of the least two-faced people in the house, along with Gerry, Sam and Amanda. He doesn't bitch about people behind there backs and is always very honest. not actually a big Ziggy fan, but give the guy a break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pspdude

actually what he said was it was sweet and then he corrected himself saying there is something about 2 men hugging that is weird, dont get me wrong, i understand where he is coming from, but be honest about it , it was only a few minutes later when seany was saying how people on the outside might have perceived the incident and instead of ziggy honestly telling him how he felt he lied.

there is just something about the guy i dont like, he seems very cocky and sure of himself and yeah while mostly he comes across as genuine he has his moments.

as mentioned earlier, when he was asked by seany was he ok he replied saying no im straight, god forbid anyone thinks otherwise, i mean what was going on in his head before seany asked him that to make him blurt that out!

pspdude wrote:
    as mentioned earlier, when he was asked by seany was he ok he replied saying no im straight, god forbid anyone thinks otherwise, i mean what was going on in his head before seany asked him that to make him blurt that out!
    uhm...probably that he genuinely misheard what was asked,plus its not an unusual question for the bb house obviously.
    ziggy seems sound actually.
    He's like any "mans man" type straight bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Contact Ofcom!!!

Seriously though I agree with Tristame. He seems a sound guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

"when he was asked by seany was he ok he replied saying no im straight, god forbid anyone thinks otherwise, "

You know with an Irish accent that can sound like "are you gay".

tbh Ziggy seems probably the most stable person in there. His only failing was to think that Posh Spice is worth entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Oh for f uck sake this is ridiculous. First everyone says emilys a racist, then carole is racist for having a laugh with seany, and now ziggy is homophobic.

This forum is ridiculous. And no need to attack me for saying that, and there's no need to ban me mods. Don't waste your time this'll be my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lol.. who goes.. you deceide. :lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Is calling the girls lesbians (last nights show) not homophobic? I dislike him so much.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I don't think he's homophobic at all. He's really getting on with Gerry and Seany and I don't think any of his comments have been slightly homophobic. He was even talking about gay men in the garden with Gerry, Seany and some of the others and he actually said it was a good thing that they were hugging because it might show people that it's okay (or something to that effect!)
    Also I think he keeps going on about wanting straight men to come in because he thinks it might deflect attention away from him. At the moment some of the girls (Laura and Nicky particularly) hate him and I think are just reacting bitterly to being rejected by the straight guy. I think he seems like a really nice, polite guy and he's trying desperately to keep away from bitching. He's also handling the girls' bitchiness really well. They keep making personal insults and being really rude to him and he just shrugs it off. He deals with it and only goes as far as to say he just doesn't get on with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Faerie wrote:
    I don't think he's homophobic at all. He's really getting on with Gerry and Seany and I don't think any of his comments have been slightly homophobic. He was even talking about gay men in the garden with Gerry, Seany and some of the others and he actually said it was a good thing that they were hugging because it might show people that it's okay (or something to that effect!)
    Also I think he keeps going on about wanting straight men to come in because he thinks it might deflect attention away from him. At the moment some of the girls (Laura and Nicky particularly) hate him and I think are just reacting bitterly to being rejected by the straight guy. I think he seems like a really nice, polite guy and he's trying desperately to keep away from bitching. He's also handling the girls' bitchiness really well. They keep making personal insults and being really rude to him and he just shrugs it off. He deals with it and only goes as far as to say he just doesn't get on with them.

Well said, I completely agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 madirishone

Hi Captain Negative. I is me noni2

Welcome to boards!!! Hope you like it, I much prefer it to those other forums, but it is too quiet sometimes so I have to head over there.

Advertisement