Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accuracy International

Options
  • 12-06-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

can anyone tell me where I can buy accuracy international rifle in ireland
    or would I be better off buying a Remington 700 and coverting it to an
    AI chassis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

The old adage here;can you out shoot the gun or can the gun still outshoot you? Accuracy Intl are brilliant pieces of kit,if you have a good Remmy and want to make it better the AI chasis kit is the way to go.
    Going for the full hog the AI will outshoot the Remmy no problem,but at a steep price.What you pays is what yez gets.ASFIK there is no dealer for AI here,and that they had gone into recivership in the UK?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 claybuster

what model rem 700 would be the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

claybuster wrote:
    what model rem 700 would be the way to go
    The remington 700 varmint stainless fluted is a great buy very accurate what cal were you thinking of getting?

tikkamark wrote:
    The remington 700 varmint stainless fluted is a great buy very accurate what cal were you thinking of getting?
    like the vsf in .223 what cal would u reccomend

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

What roll are you planning to use it in? If its for varminting/Target we all would recomend .223. Nice and cheap to run.:) but on a personal level i would say .220 swift is the way to go and i know Johngalway would agree with me on that:D :D:D much more down range umph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hezz700 wrote:
    What roll are you planning to use it in? If its for varminting/Target we all would recomend .223. Nice and cheap to run.:) but on a personal level i would say .220 swift is the way to go and i know Johngalway would agree with me on that:D :D:D much more down range umph.

at a cost though :(

oh I wish reloading was the norm here, .220 swift is a fine round. It does have a few drawbacks though like every other thing in life

Hezz700 wrote:
    I hope to use it for foxes and a bit of target 300yards ,what range is a .223 capable of shooting accurately,like the swift friend has one
    but price of ammo puts me off,with all this talk of the 223 being restricted would have you think would it be better going for different cal, like the 220 ,22.250,. 243 6.5x55 what price would these cals cost hard to beat the price of ammo on the 233 I bet

if i was to have one do all rifle it would be the 6.5x55

great target rifle, knock a deer and fox(maybe a bit messy)

ammo could be expensive and rare for that though

.223 all the way. I was shooting to 300 yards easy with it on sunday. bullet is only down 7 inches at that range.

Vegeta wrote:
    if i was to have one do all rifle it would be the 6.5x55

great target rifle, knock a deer and fox(maybe a bit messy)

ammo could be expensive and rare for that though

.223 all the way. I was shooting to 300 yards easy with it on sunday. bullet is only down 7 inches at that range.
    whats your zero 100yards

Hezz700 wrote:
    I hope to use it for foxes and a bit of target 300yards ,what range is a .223 capable of shooting accurately,like the swift friend has one
    but price of ammo puts me off,with all this talk of the 223 being restricted would have you think would it be better going for different cal, like the 220 ,22.250,. 243 6.5x55 what price would these cals cost hard to beat the price of ammo on the 233 I bet

• Advertisement

claybuster wrote:
    whats your zero 100yards

1.5 inches high at 100 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

claybuster wrote:

I don't see the swift being expensive to run as a varminter. Realistically how often will you shoot it in a year? on the other hand in a target roll the cost could be prohibative.

I know sweet F A about .22.250 as i've never fired one so i cannot comment.

.243 is quite a versatile little round ranging from 55gr to about 100gr and with a nice medium twist can prove very accurate.

My Personal favourite is 6.5x55 which is to be my next purchase. I already have the glass bought and put into storeage untill i find a suitable rifle to mount it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

Vegeta wrote:
    1.5 inches high at 100 yards
    So you're not zeroed at 100yds then, more like 200yd zero.

Gerri wrote:
    So you're not zeroed at 100yds then, more like 200yd zero.

Ok Mr. Pedantic I fired at a target 100 yards away and arranged my optics so the rifle was grouping at 1.5 inches high at this range. So I physically zeroed my rifle at 100 yards but set it up to shoot for a 200 yard zero. Gives me a point plank range of about 220 yards for a 4 inch target in a wind less than 10mph

Advertisement