Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody recognise this patch?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

my folks found this patch on the ground somewhere in Alicante (Spain) recently and brought it home for myself. I haven't a clue about this stuff, but it's pretty cool looking so I'd like to find out what it is.

It's black with a yellow/gold ring around it, and the image of two guns (AK47s?) in the middle, and the word Bydgoszcz along the bottom.

I had a search and apparantly Bydgoszcz is a city in northern Poland.

I would think that it's some sort of military or police patch, but I really don't know. Perhaps one of you can shed some light on it?

Cheers

41739.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

30-odd people scratching their heads, eh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

One at least.:D
    All I can find is that it is a Polish town, used to be called Bromberg and I keep turning up badges related to some Medical unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Hagar wrote:
    One at least.:D
    All I can find is that it is a Polish town, used to be called Bromberg and I keep turning up badges related to some Medical unit.

Bromberg known as Bydgoszcz - the scene of the first mass murder of WW2 - In Sep 1939, 800 polish intellectuals rounded up and shot by the SS

Just some more useless information for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

The Pomeranian military district with HQ is in Bydgoszcz if thats any help.

2 of the Polskis in work say that it's a patch you get in a shooting competition of some description... Possibly an army thing... Still not much the wiser, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Well, if those polish lads are saying you get it in shooting competition, there you go.
    I presume this was back in the red era?

FiSe wrote:
    Well, if those polish lads are saying you get it in shooting competition, there you go.
    I presume this was back in the red era?
    Well they were Polish chicks, and I kinda got the impression that they didn't REALLY know!

I might help us with our enquiries if you were to put up pictures of the two Polish chicks...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Polish chick, just for Hagar.... (sorry....)

I asked a Polish mate about the patch. He thinks it is military and will ask around.

I suppose I asked for that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

You should go to militaryphotos.net and ask around..Military personnel from all over the world view that site..

Advertisement