Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

resolution poor for windows mail and avg

• 13-06-2007 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hiya

I have a new pc from komplett running vista 32 bit. I have a Samsung 20" LCD Syncmaster 206BW TCO03 monitor attached through the digital input. The graphic card is a Club3D Radeon X1600Pro. The resolution or more precisely the sharpness is great except for windows mail and avg, which looks very washed out and unclear, I have looked at some of monitor settings but no improvement what can i do to improve this? Should i change back to the anolog cable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Check the font under control panel\personalization\adjust font size (DPI) it should be set to 96DPI by default.

(Someone a while back has a problem with the text in AVG under Vista and for whatever reason the DPI setting had been changed)

Have you installed ATI's Catalyst display driver for Vista ?

Switching to analogue VGA would only make the image a bit blurry. Are you running at the native resolution of the panel 1680x1050 ?

Also have you installed the driver for the monitor (well the colour profile is the more important part of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

thanks for that 8T8 have it on the native resolution will have to check the other information, all very helpful

Advertisement