Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N11 last night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

MrPudding wrote:
    Come on. Have you read your posts? Not just this thread, but in general. I am not saying you are, but your posts tend to give the impression that you are a bit of an arrogant prick.

MrP

Banned from motors for a week for personal abuse.
    PM me or a motors mod for access in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

MrPudding wrote:
    Come on. Have you read your posts? Not just this thread, but in general. I am not saying you are, but your posts tend to give the impression that you are a bit of an arrogant prick.

MrP

MrPudding, I would have to agree with you on that.

Oh sh1t looks like I shouldn't have agreed to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

Aye C_Breezes first few posts in the thread where a bit OTT, but sure this is the motoring forum, whatcha expect? :)

as for this thread? with the OP banned, Id suggest a lock ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I also may, or may not, agree too ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MrPudding wrote:

MrP
    To be fair to Mr Pudding, this post is clearly not personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Anan1 wrote:

I didnt report it just so y'know.

Wow I really come accross like an "arrogant prick" ? ... I need some alone time to find myself . :P

Yes I would also suggest a thread lock :)

Anan1 wrote:

to be fair, i think it is.

to be fair, i think it is.
    If he had said "I think you're an arrogant prick", then that would be personal abuse. He began, however, by making it clear that he wasn't calling C_Breeze an arrogant prick, but was saying that his posts give that impression. Personal abuse is when one attacks the poster, not the posts. In this case, it's the posts, and not the poster, that were being attacked.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

C_Breeze wrote:
    I didnt report it just so y'know.

Wow I really come accross like an "arrogant prick" ? ... I need some alone time to find myself . :P

Yes I would also suggest a thread lock :)

no, you reported hashs one, just after you edited the personal abuse out of your own post which is the sad part.

by your argument, that means that you or anyone can insinuate that anyone else is 'insert whatever your favourite term of abuse is here', but claim that you didnt actually call anyone a name.

but, you may disagree all you wish. the ban stands. its a week. im sure mr pudding will survive, or will post up on the feedback forum about how unfair i am. either way, im off to watch House on the tele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

C_Breeze wrote:
    give me any motor and ill handle it just fine

Back to the point. Does anyone not feel this statement is scary?

Give me a motor and I'll handle it just fine. Confidence in ones ability to drive ANY car in ANY conditions...

lightening wrote:
    Back to the point. Does anyone not feel this statement is scary?

Give me a motor and I'll handle it just fine. Confidence in ones ability to drive ANY car in ANY condition...

Lightening , i don't see anything wrong with that statement. YES i can drive any car in ANY condition? - thats why i have a full licence . Doesnt mean ill be acting the prat in it

Can you not?

I have never crashed once and I would never push a car past the limit where I would not be able to handle it or be in control.

Its not like you need a special licence to drive a RWD in rain. If you cant handle that you shouldnt have a full licence in the 1st place.

Why is that a scary statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If I remember my trolling correctly, this type of comment is typical of C_Breeze.
    The usual "mad tyte drifter" stuff.
    To be fair though, his trolling is usually successful, often there are bannings, but rarely him.

Jumpy wrote:
    If I remember my trolling correctly, this type of comment is typical of C_Breeze.
    The usual "mad tyte drifter" stuff.
    To be fair though, his trolling is usually successful, often there are bannings, but rarely him.

Where do people come up with this stuff???????

I dont ever recall mentioning anything about drifiting once!

When there is a thread that i know i can help out in and advise or give an opinion I am more than happy to do it! (see the 323f thread , or the one about the log book)

Only when its stupid suggestions or posts, then I take a tongue in cheek approach and then people just start hurling abuse and get banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

C_Breeze wrote:
    Lightening , i don't see anything wrong with that statement. YES i can drive any car in ANY condition? - thats why i have a full licence . Doesnt mean ill be acting the prat in it

Can you not?

I don't know, I don't think so, I would imagine I would need lessons if I bought a super car with paddle gear shift.

The statement is either one of a F1 driver or someone who may be somewhat imature. A full drivers licence in Ireland would not qualify me to be able to drive any car in my opinion. However, in your vast and long experience, you seem to be the one with all the knowledge, not me.

C_Breeze wrote:
    Where do people come up with this stuff???????

I dont ever recall mentioning anything about drifiting once!

When there is a thread that i know i can help out in and advise or give an opinion I am more than happy to do it! (see the 323f thread , or the one about the log book)

Only when its stupid suggestions or posts, then I take a tongue in cheek approach and then people just start hurling abuse and get banned!

To be fair, you do rile people with your crap attitude to driving. It always seems deliberate to provoke a response. If its not deliberate then I await the day you make a post asking what legal advice to follow as you have managed to kill several people in a horrible accident.
    I have commented on it numerous times before. I am not specifically chasing your name around, but it is blatantly obvious when you enter a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

If C_Breeze is so very confident and would like to prove his uncanny motoring ability perhaps he should challenge himself to the Irish advanced drivers test – www.irishadvancedmotorists.ie - he could even post a copy of the results on the board for us all to see!

Even with my full licence and 40 years plus driving experience I don’t reckon I could handle every car and every condition. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Why for the love of god would someone who as a full licence not be capable of driving an m3, m5, evo or skyline? If they cant they shouldnt be on the road in the first place. The only thing that makes these cars different on a daily commute keeping speed limits from a normal car is that they have a heavier clutch and tighter gearbox. As far as I can recall C_breeze never mentioned anything about driving these cars on the limit which is a different story altogether. Get a grip lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

i was listening to the radio the other day and there was a piece about what makes a good driver in the safe sense. a few things came to the fore.

young males make for very skillfull drivers, due to good hand eye co ordination etc etc, however, this was differenciated from good driving.

good drivers display an awareness of the road around them and whats going on.

part of the advanced driving course is to call out potential hazzards you observe as you are travelling along. this simple exercise really puts things in perspective.

the bhp and 0-60 figures of cars only becomes relevant when placed in context. skill wise, most "young fellas", id imagine, are well capable of driving a high powered car. but it enables them to drive faster than their ability to observe hazzards ie they can get to 60 in a shorter space of time, reducing margin for error etc. but then again, a granny in a fiesta can drive faster than her ability to observe hazzards.

lets just say they make better track drivers than safe drivers :D.

They also generally havent had the life experience to know that showing off makes people dislike you, rather than be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,740 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jesus, this 'young lad' bashing is a crock of crap.

I'm only 23, but I don't spend mz time drifting my car round roundabouts or stupid things like that.

I see as many drivers in their 30's and 40's doing stupid things on the road because "they have the experience"

Tauren wrote:
    jesus, this 'young lad' bashing is a crock of crap.

I'm only 23, but I don't spend mz time drifting my car round roundabouts or stupid things like that.

I see as many drivers in their 30's and 40's doing stupid things on the road because "they have the experience"

No because they have the arrogance. There is a difference.
    I reserve the right to bash young lads. 23 isnt a young lad.

by your argument, that means that you or anyone can insinuate that anyone else is 'insert whatever your favourite term of abuse is here', but claim that you didnt actually call anyone a name.
    Eh, no. He made it quite clear that he was attacking the posts, not the poster. If you're going to ban posts for insinuated, as opposed to actual, insults then you'll need to a.) change the forum rules and b.) give up the day job.
    but, you may disagree all you wish. the ban stands. its a week. im sure mr pudding will survive, or will post up on the feedback forum about how unfair i am. either way, im off to watch House on the tele.
    With respect, I think you might be better employed rereading the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

lightening wrote:
    I don't know, I don't think so, I would imagine I would need lessons if I bought a super car with paddle gear shift.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxaZZ9dyhyU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I was expecting a healthy discussion - 3 pages of discussion infact, this thread is a let down! Best closed IMO, nothing new or informative in it.

ciarsd wrote:
    I was expecting a healthy discussion - 3 pages of discussion infact, this thread is a let down! Best closed IMO, nothing new or informative in it.
    If you had been banned, thus depriving you of the right to defend yourself against a false allegation, then you might think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Anan1 wrote:
    If you had been banned, thus depriving you of the right to defend yourself against a false allegation, then you might think differently.

First off, my comment was on the thread itself and what it has turned into.

So, what is your point exactly? How is it motors related?

The majority of participants reading this, want to read worthwhile threads and possibly contribute... they don't care about trolling or disputes with moderators.. take it to PM's :)

C_Breeze leaves destruction in his wake !

:D

Joking

Thread would be best closed tbh

ciarsd wrote:
    First off, my comment was on the thread itself and what it has turned into.

So, what is your point exactly? How is it motors related?

The majority of participants reading this, want to read worthwhile threads and possibly contribute... they don't care about trolling or disputes with moderators.. take it to PM's :)
    You're right, at this point the thread has nothing to do with motors. My point is that someone was unfairly banned. To shut down the thread is to draw a veil over that, and I for one don't think that that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,740 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If i said "From reading your posts, your appear to be a jackass", would you, or would you not take that as a personal insult?

Note, I am not actually calling you a jackass, or actually mean to say that is the impression i get from you, but merely wondering how you would react to such a post. IMO, if it was said to me, i would interpret the comment the poster was saying i was a jackass (which i probably am)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement