Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Suite in Charlesland

Options
  • 13-06-2007 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anybody know whats going on at the marketing suite between Fairways/Seabourne View.Lots of machinery and activity there and two Ballymore containers arrived in the last day or so.Heard rumours thats its being converted into a temporary school until the new Charlesland one is built .I find this hard to believe as it is in very close proximity to the Apts.Then again there was a rumour that St Brigids were to start infants in Charlesland in September. Is this the venue?Anybody able to enlighten me??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,940 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there was a post here a while back saying that it was being dismantled and shipped to Denmark.

not sure what the story is with Brigids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Think its being shipped to the Czech Rep or Slovakia. Ballymore are doing work out there.

I think the whole Brigits move is on hold while they consider that land beside the Script for a new school. Its a fairer compromise I suppose rather than eventually making all the kids in Brigids come all the way up to Charlesland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

On Brigids- its not going to script site that has been ruled out.The council say that they wont turn it over as it will cost €8million to purchase a similar depot site to serve Greystones coupled with the fact that the school for Charlesland has been sanctioned and is going ahead irrespective of St Brigids decisions .Also the site is unsuitable both in size and from the point of traffic management as "there will be large new developments in the direct vicinity in the near future"-I take this to mean the Charlesland Golf Club development and the Land to the left of the S.A.R. going up to Charlesland.
    The funding has been approved for the school in Charlesland.The Management in Brigids have the option still open to move to the new site and this will be open to them until such a time as the construction nears end.Otherwise they have the option to stay where they are as long as the nuns who own the school allow.Also the council have rezoned a large site near Lidl in Blacklion for Educational Facilities.Brigids will have an option on this also.Their Board met with Ms Hanafin and all this was put to them.
    If they opt not to come to Charlesland then a School Board will be set up to run that school.Got this from the Department of Ed and Science.The suite is not being moved according to Management agents but they do not know what work is being done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

thanks for the info woodser.
    Did they give you any idea WHEN the school in Charlesland would be likely to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

MuffinsDa wrote:
    thanks for the info woodser.
    Did they give you any idea WHEN the school in Charlesland would be likely to open?
    Thats the big question thats why I posted the thread to find out ids there any truth in the rumour that its to be used as a temp school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement