Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eBay on IBB?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 10:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Anybody using eBay on Irish Broadband? I've a really weird problem that's popped up since yesterday.

If I go to www.ebay.ie and click the sign in page it times out when it's bringing up the login boxes. The same happens if I try www.ebay.co.uk, www.ebay.com, www.ebay.com.au
    I've two PCs at home. Both have IE & Firefox and both have the same problems. All other sites seem to be working OK. I thought it might be eBay. But when I came into work I tried it from here. Works fine. My other half tells me the problem is still happening at home.

If anybody is using IBB can you try logging into your eBay account. Or even just try going to
    https://signin.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&_trksid=m37
    If it goes there then that's one other link in the chain ruled out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

some nasty trojan could be at woprk...trying to snaffle your ebay details

or else you could be pointing to a phishing site

change your ebay password at work ...NOW!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

It's unlikely to be that. One of the machines at home is using Linux (I don't normally use it for surfing) and the windows one is clean (as far as I know, running McAfee Enterprise and a spyware scanner). The pages are timing out. A trojan wouldn't be much good blocking access to a logon page, unless it just doesn't like eBay.

No harm changing the password though. I'll do that anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Change the MTU from 1500 to 1460. Had the same problem with eBay when I had IBB...

Change the MTU from 1500 to 1460. Had the same problem with eBay when I had IBB...

I emailed IBB about an hour ago and they replied with a similar answer. I'll try that out tonight. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

IBB is bleedin' shoite loike. It was even worse than dial up for me. I hand delivered their piece of crap router (or whatever you call it) straight back to their office in Stillorgan.

Thanks for the info Steffano. My router didn't have a setting for MTU so I downloaded this http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php and changed it on my PC. Worked perfectly first time once I set the MTU to 1460. Weird though, it was working on Monday. Something must have change on IBBs end or eBays end.

JJ. Really. If you've nothing constructive to say don't bother saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You're welcome mickoneill30! ;)

Advertisement