Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed an exam

Options
  • 13-06-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Someone I know had to miss one of her exams through illness, what can she do now to resit it. Does she have to wait another full year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Has to wait till June 2008 to resit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 123444444

<I'm thick, me!>

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

aren't there just some right pric*s around the place. why would you laugh at other people's misfortune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

fitzgese wrote:
    aren't there just some right pric*s around the place. why would you laugh at other people's misfortune?

Have to agree..what a d*ckhead..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Don't feed the trolls ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lad in my school skipped biology(fool), and he asked the superviser about it today. She said that it comes back as an NG, so if she's looking for points from it, and isnt sure if she'll get her first choice, she may end up having to repeat. Thats really unfortunate, but theres nothing that can be done. Cant give her the paper some other time, and cant make one up specially for her...its the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

there really should be a secondary exam setup, something perhaps people could take before the rechecks and have corrected around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

She should have still went in. A person in my class has glandular fever and she sits in her own little room with an examiner. She can take as long as she wants with the test, go for walks and even take a nap if she needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

They'd have the difficulty of making the papers equal and fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Sounds tough but I don't really see a just way around it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

123444444 wrote:
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

QFT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

123444444 wrote:
    ...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

knobhead. anyway that is tough goin, was seriously wondering this, what would happen if you got sick in the middle of a paper like diarrhoea or something?? seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

don't feed the trolls,it will only get you in trouble.1234444 banned,yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

Nehpets wrote:
    They'd have the difficulty of making the papers equal and fair

i dont think they consider that anyway, some schools have lax security others dont and loads of people think its wrong to memorise while others depend on it , any fairness is out the window in this exam, look under the cheating thread if your wondering what im talking about, plus some teachers are crap while others are genius

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

They could have resits in the start of August. €40 an exam or else a doctor's note as to why you missed it. Wouldn't be that much of a nightmare, you could apply before you finish completely.

EDIT: They = SEC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Mushy wrote:
    Lad in my school skipped biology(fool), and he asked the superviser about it today. She said that it comes back as an NG, so if she's looking for points from it, and isnt sure if she'll get her first choice, she may end up having to repeat. Thats really unfortunate, but theres nothing that can be done. Cant give her the paper some other time, and cant make one up specially for her...its the way it is.
    Did they get a sex change half way through asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

123444444 wrote:
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..

I hope you die

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

TimAy wrote:
    don't feed the trolls,it will only get you in trouble.1234444 banned,yay!
    Site-banned. No one wants to see that tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Did they get a sex change half way through asking?

HAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. I was like 'wait a minute!!...am I missing something?:confused: '. Thank you JC you have made my day!! I only have tomorrow people!! And then I'm finished with this nightmare of a week! I shall be thinking of you all as a sip my first pint of beer in 3 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 123444

get A F.ucking Life!!!!!!!!!!! 4000 Posts, How Sad!!!!!!!

"Dún do bheal!", a duirt muinteoir

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Ted10 wrote:
    Someone I know had to miss one of her exams through illness, what can she do now to resit it. Does she have to wait another full year ?

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done. Hopefully it'll all work out for her but if it doesn't she'll have to do it all again next year. As with most things, it all comes down to money and the SEC deem it simply to be too expensive to have resittings etc.
    If it's not a minimum requirement, she may get enough points to get in anyway...

123444 wrote:

Do you purpose we replicate your life? You have come on to here, registered and posted just be annoying. Nice one *thumbs up*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

123444 wrote:

Practice as you preach. Then die you insensitive c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

OctavarIan wrote:
    Don't feed the trolls ;)

If I may be so bold as to quote myself :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

123444 wrote:
    Whisht now child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Mushy wrote:
    So is it a he or a she!?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Turnip2000 wrote:
    She should have still went in. A person in my class has glandular fever and she sits in her own little room with an examiner. She can take as long as she wants with the test, go for walks and even take a nap if she needs it.

Eh? That's not very fair is it?

Yeah, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I feel a touch of glandular fever coming on...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Gee, this thread would be more at home in the humour forum. :D

Advertisement