Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RTE News Last Night Tailgating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

seamus wrote:
    I'm not sure if it would be possible to prosecute based on that clip alone. The truck driver could make up any number of excuses - the car suddenly braked before the bend, the car had pulled out in front of him suddenly, and he could claim that he was in the process of slowing down and creating a gap.

Yeah, I was think same as above - but when I mentioned to my wife re this thread (She saw it on news and told me about it) she said that likelihood was that if we looked closely enough the trucker was probably on his mobile (They usually are :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

dodgyme wrote:
    What is this based on. Make some sense now!

Based on my hours and hours of motorway driving in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

xabi wrote:
    Based on my hours and hours of motorway driving in Ireland!

oh really I thought it had something to do with a 9 outta 10 example I used earlier and you just went off in a nonsensical step stoned tangant. So you came up with this all on your own. I think the lesson for you should be if you are going to reply dont make them glib!, or you will end up having to make up stuff to justify the position you find yourself in.

dodgyme wrote:
    oh really I thought it had something to do with a 9 outta 10 example I used earlier and you just went off in a nonsensical step stoned tangant. So you came up with this all on your own. I think the lesson for you should be if you are going to reply dont make them glib!, or you will end up having to make up stuff to justify the position you find yourself in.

I cant really be bothered with this, but here goes, concentrate hard now, thinking cap on. You said 9 out of 10 people would refer to motorway lanes as fast lane and slow lane. If people were referring to them as fast and slow surely they drive on them with this mentality - fast, slow, which is incorrect, so therefore 9 out of 10 people dont know how to drive on motorways. Does this make sense? if not you could ask an adult.

X.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dodgyme wrote:

he is trying to explain that you are wrong and apparently 9/10 of the people you know are wrong too. Which makes you statistically the worst group of drivers in Ireland probably..

• Advertisement

xabi wrote:
    I cant really be bothered with this, but here goes, concentrate hard now, thinking cap on. You said 9 out of 10 people would refer to motorway lanes as fast lane and slow lane. If people were referring to them as fast and slow surely they drive on them with this mentality - fast, slow, which is incorrect, so therefore 9 out of 10 people dont know how to drive on motorways. Does this make sense? if not you could ask an adult.

X.
    I think you need to ask an adult. 9 out of 10 people call them fast and slow lanes does not mean 9 outta 10 people dont know how to drive on motorways, what stupid logic, just because they use terminology which 1 outta 10 people say is incorrect. If 9 outta 10 people didnt know how to drive on motorways thousands would be dying every day not every year, go figure.!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

dodgyme wrote:
    Also I have noticed that no one seems to use their indicators anymore esp at roundabouts, it really annoys me, esp people taking the 1st and 3rd exits and not a sign to anybody,

Noticed that myself. Not many people seem to indicate on roundabouts.

dodgyme wrote:
    I think you need to ask an adult. 9 out of 10 people call them fast and slow lanes does not mean 9 outta 10 people dont know how to drive on motorways, what stupid logic, just because they use terminology which 1 outta 10 people say is incorrect. If 9 outta 10 people didnt know how to drive on motorways thousands would be dying every day not every year, go figure.!

Just let it go, your wrong in so many ways!

Plus, 1000's dont die on the roads every year, check your facts before posting.

X.

xabi wrote:
    Just let it go, your wrong in so many ways!

Plus, 1000's dont die on the roads every year, check your facts before posting.

X.
    I will check my facts if you stop making ludacris assumptions. Oh hang on a sec ,X, is after calling a vaccum clean a hoover. This is the wrong term so I guess he must be unable to use a vaccum cleaner since it is not supposed to be called a hoover. People call the overtake lane the fast lane, they obviously are unable to drive on motorways ....doh!

dodgyme wrote:
    People call the overtake lane the fast lane, they obviously are unable to drive on motorways

Finally, it gets through.

Im off to hoover the garden, later!

X.

• Advertisement

xabi wrote:
    Im off to hoover the garden, later!

X.
    Its a vaccum cleaner. At least 1 in 10 people call it a vaccum cleaner. That means they can use it when they are vacuuming their cars after driving down the M50 in the FAST lane.

Advertisement