Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site between Gym & Kilcoole rd

Options
  • 13-06-2007 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

Does anybody have any information on what is going on in the site between Jackie Skelleys and the Kilcoole Rd? Noticed work had started there yesterday evening. Can't see anything on the councils planning site.

Also noticed an engineer surveying the land between Jacky Skelleys and the Fairways with a tripod yesterday. So it might not be that long after all before we here more on the proposed shopping centre that was mentioned to be going in there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Does anybody have any information on what is going on in the site between Jackie Skelleys and the Kilcoole Rd? Noticed work had started there yesterday evening. Can't see anything on the councils planning site.

Also noticed an engineer surveying the land between Jacky Skelleys and the Fairways with a tripod yesterday. So it might not be that long after all before we here more on the proposed shopping centre that was mentioned to be going in there.

Its the prep work and laying of services by Zapi for the new Enterprise Centre and proposed Garda station.I got my hands on the final "Amended Area Plan" for Charlesland as passed by the council in April. The Shopping Center on the Plans is on 22 acres between Jackie Skellies/The running track and The Fairways.The School is above Puroga Creche and behind The Grove and behind this are the 261- 4 and 5 bed houses i.e. behind the wall of the Grove/Park and up to the Kilcoole Roundabout on the left coming down from Eden Gate.The new development behind the Crescent will run along the Killincarraig road to link with this development.The area plan is available to view in the council offices on Mill Road beside the playground or in Wicklow Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

woodser wrote:
    The area plan is available to view in the council offices on Mill Road beside the playground or in Wicklow Town

Thanks Woodser. I'll have to go for a look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

This may save you the trip some help not very detailed The table with key will telll you exactly where what is going
    http://www.wicklow.ie/PUBLICATIONS/Planning/GreyDelgany LAP/Adopted Plan/GDLAP_11[/URL].pdf

I saw those before. AFAIK all of these require planning permission yet na dnothing is definite in that. I also remember reading in the Bray People a few months ago that a local councillor had contacted some junior minister to find out if the Garda station was to be relocated. He was told that there were no plans to do so at the time. I haven't heard or read anything to the contrary since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

I see that they're surveying the site to the side of Charlesland Park today so it looks like things are moving alright. Has anyone heard anything about planning permission for this site yet? I wouldn't be surprised if they try and sneak it through over the summer months - cynical or what??!! :)

• Advertisement

Very cynical Lumbarda!! ;) They would never do such a thing!

Advertisement