Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tenchu Z Demo

• 13-06-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭

was playing the demo last night, not bad, some nice touches and lots of bits from the previous ones.

Hopefully they will have an in-game save or something..the last tenchu drove me mad, sneaking around cutting heads off for ages, only to reach the boss, get killed in seconds and have to start the level again, pure misery..

anybody played the full game yet ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm demo had huge flaws. Tiny level (can be done in two minutes or so, easy), extremely mediocre graphics. Never played a Tenchu game before but this demo wouldnt exactly influence me too.

That said, somersaulting out of the water was ninja-riffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought it was rubbish. Dreadful graphics, some glaring bugs and gameplay that hasn't changed a bit since Tenchu 2. It really turned me off the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

One of the worst demos I've ever played. The graphics look like a bad PS2 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

really bad, Boring, wont be getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

and gamespot wasn't too kind to it either, its a shambles. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tenchu360/review.html?sid=6172370

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive always liked the Tenchu games meself, found the controls "wonky" compared to the ps2 version, and I couldnt invert it, even in HD though I wasnt really impressed, id still like to see it online though....

Is this the same as the one thats out in Japan since roughly launch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have the full game and it's crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The demo was a pile of pooh ... The graphics were bland and average (in the tiny level I bumped into the same two bad guys a heap of times - or their identical twins).

Not that graphics alone make a game, but they give a good impression of atmoshpere along with the sound. (I think AvP on the PC was one of the best examples of this - enter a room as a marine, and hear a facehugger crawling somewhere or hear a steam vent hiss behind you in the dark. That was a steam vent and not an Alien, right?) It adds an extra sense of involvement in the game and can make up for some slight flaws.

Both the graphics and sound were very bland, unimaginative and dated.

The fighting with the baddies was just 'hack-hack-slash ... run away ... hack-hack-slash'. Yawn.

Really wouldn't recommend it.

Advertisement