Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about the Mattie McGrath assault charge

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

What will the conviction (if any) of Mattie McGrath (FF, Tip South) do the new government?

What happens if he is convicted and jailed and the bold Beverly is declared bankrupt and the Greens membership rejects the offer on the table.

Ok I realise there are a lot of "what ifs" above but this just reflects how close the election actually was despite man supports of FF calling it a great victory.

Comments

I suppose there'd be 2 by elections during a hastily convened Dáil summer recess.
    There would probably be 2 enda's elected to replace them (a mayo one would be a for sure).
    You'd then have Harney negotiating with Enda possibly or an FF labour coalition.The latter would be more likely ... in the national interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

There would probably be 2 enda's elected to replace them (a mayo one would be a for sure).

Do you think so? FG already have 3 seats in Mayo and many were not expecting them to win a third seat there. I doubt they would get a 4th.

It's to do with the dynamics of a by election.
    Only one seat to be filled by PR.

If the entire number that voted FG in the GE voted for an FG candidate in a by election,yes he/she would have to get in-even if the quota was much bigger, there would be more anti FF transfers I should think than pro.

Iirc FG got 56% or so of the first preference share in Mayo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd say FF would return to the Greens with a better offer (assuming they reject the one already on the table and the 2 TDs in question are replaced by FGers) - they'd rather not go for Labour because it would involve handing over so many ministerial positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

beverly will be supported by her millionaire husband. anyway bertie got 4 independents for that reason.

mattie mcgrath will probably be found not guilty from what i've heard of the case. if he is convicted siobhan ambrose will be elected in a by election

• Advertisement
Advertisement