Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 100$ E2140 faster then the 600$ x6800

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium-e2160_14.html#sect0

Thats pretty impressive for a cheap chip. Granted is has 1/4th of the l2 cache of the x6800, but it beats it in almost every test.

So anyone looking for a budget build which can pack a huge punch, you would really be well off taking this cpu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya there a monster of a chip lots of people have gotten them 3ghz and past !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Those are some nice results even with just a Zalman 9700.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i think i might still hold out for thr 6850 price cuts next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

hmm, might be time to move the D805 into the living room. Its running @ 3.6 with a stock cooler, how would this E2140 stack up running stock?

Any opinions on a decent S775 board, my board doesnt "support" Conroe, although it does go to 1066Mhz FSB.

Might gamble on a chip anyway, even if it runs stock it will cool this room down!

• Advertisement

At stock it would be a bit faster then you 805, As the e2140 has only 1mb of cache per core. But as you can see overclocked it is a bit of a animal, And only 53quid in the uk at the moment. As for a board a ds3 will do you grand, and also supports quad core "penryn" cpu's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I wonder what these chips can hit on phase? Either way I'm quite happy with my E6120, since it clocks better then my current E6600.

I think they are hitting a wall on air at 3.5ghz. Might get a bit more on phase alright. Since you have it why dont you spend the 53£ and buy one and find out :)

Advertisement