Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ]Permanet Broadband Users - please share your experiences

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am eligable for Permanet broadband. I would like some feedback from customers who are currently using this service before I go ahead and order it. Please include:

Which package you have?
    The average download speed?
    If you use it for gaming, how does it perform?
    How long did it take for the install?

AFAIK there is no contract, am I correct? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Anybody using Permanet at all?
    www.permanet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ShowAndGo

I am using Permanet in the Wexford area for the past year and I haven’t had too many problems. I am using the Net1MB Residential package which is fine for general surfing of the web but I also work from home so I am going to upgrade to a business connection with a greater upload speed. I don’t know what my average download speed and I don’t use it for gaming so I can’t help you there either.

The only complaint I have is that the after sales or tech support service is not great. If you have a problem you are going to be waiting!!! If you ring them there is no option to talk to anyone, all you can do is leave a message and wait until they get back to you. Having said that I think I only had 3 or 4 connections issues in the past year and one of those was my fault.
    It took a couple of weeks to get it installed, but once the guy arrived it was up a running in no time. I hooked up a wireless router to their modem and I have wire access throughout the house.

Do a search for Permanet on boards and you should get some more information. I think there was an issue about not being able to use a BitTorrent client when on their Residential package…I can’t remember what the issue was…something to do with an external IP address I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Im using permanet about 6 months now.

Everything is fine, bit torrent and all.

I get ping of 30 or so to our uk game server,

The only downfall i see, and its no biggie really,
    is you cant forward ports true there modem/router.

But apart from that i see no probs with them.

I have the 2 meg residential package. 2 meg down 512k up

Before I moved back to Dublin I used Permanet down in Kerry. Initially I had nothing but problems with them re downtime but that was back in December 2005 and they've improved no end now. Provided your signal is ok you should be grand. I was using the Biz 2MB package, though due to an error I had a 3meg connection for about 4-5 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I have the 2mb biz package also from permanet. Overall I find them great :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement