Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiltipper - Opinions needed please.

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Me and the girlfriend were looking at an apartment in Kiltipper to rent while she works in Tallaght and I work in various sites around Dublin. We are not too familiar with the area at all so I was wondering has anyone any knowledge of it?

How is it socially and how bad is the traffic to the m50 and Tallaght itself every morning. How long are we talking for each trip? Is the area well removed from the notorious old community? It seems all nice at first glance and I when I went to take a drive through it at night-time it was raining so I couldn't get an idea of whether there may be anti-social contingents or not.

Basically is there anything I should know before moving in? I have a deposit on the apartment (which is lovely) but I would prefer to lose the deposit rather than get stuck in a lease in a place I don't like.

The reason we went for this one over others in Tallaght or Sandyford is that we have two cars which we both need for work and we can't find anywhere else that accommodates that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Where in Kiltipper are you planning on?

I live in a new apartment in Marlfield, i find it to be excellent to be honest. I have a LARGE spar within 20 seconds walk, a bus stop within a minute, post box next to that. In a month or two there will be a pub and resturant open that's closer than the Spar. There's a pharmacy and butchers open around the corner. So everything you need is no your doorstep.

There's been no anticsocial activity as yet and i live in a particulary secure part of the area. You have the usual kids being kids though, but not that much.

I'd say you're about 10-20 mins drive away from the M50 in the morning, depending on what time...

Overall, i'm very happy, any questions just ask.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Thank man thats very helpful.

We are moving to Kiltipper Gate just down the road from the spar. It all looks very nice and cosy. Butchers is nice to see and do you have any ideas when the pub is opening? I drove round the spar square and I saw the empty buildings. I assume the pub is going in there right?

It looks to be a nice enough communtity but I literally only found out that the place existed a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Moved into the area recently myself and fully agree with Lundi Mardi. And the new Louis Fitzgerald pub in Marlfield will be opening next month. As regards journey time to m-50 it depends on what time you leave, I have an early start in work so leave between 7.15-7-25 and it usually takes 5-15 mins. This morning it took about 5 mins:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

My bro rents there (bout 1min walk from the spar) with his m8s bro. I have stayed over many times. There are joyriders every now and again or parties so it might not b the best if u r the quiet or go 2 bed at 10pm type. My bro's m8 seems to complain a bit about it a bit and cant wait till he moves (end of the year). Its grand if u want somewhere cheaper and close to shops. I drive from blessington-oldbawn-stillorgan ever morning and the m50 is hit-or-miss depending on the exact time and day. The best thing for you to do is get up extra early for a few days drive to kiltipper then leave there at the time u would expect to and see for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Have bought one of the new apartments in Marlfield. . .as LundiMardie says,its very handy with shops etc near by, has a few kids being little fockers from time to time, but nothing major.

Am very happy with it. . . .it will be perfect once the Pub opens !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭raxy

I'm looking at a few houses in this area. Can anyone tell me what the area is like now? Is it a nice place for a young family to move into?

Advertisement