Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS - Dont worry, some building stuff here also

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, not strictly a building/upgrading thread, but seeing how most of us deal iwth internet orders, hence GLS, I thought I would share my amusing story.

Just ordered stuff from OCUK (l31mrod, its finally here!). Got a call from home saying a GLS form was left in the post box. On it are the usual fields about attempted delivery, all left blank. On the back, however, is written "parcel in treehouse".

Now I know some people will praise his endeavour of going round into the backgarden and leaving €300 worth of kit on the treehouse steps, but I'm sick of hearing stories about GLS trying to stuff items thru letterboxes, etc. I'm much happier popping out to the depot, 5 mins away, and picking the stuff up.

Anyway, on forum topic. Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme has arrived, look forward to some low temps, will post numbers as soon as I mount it. Also, l31mr0d can now resume his much anticipated build.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

'Parcel in Treehouse' priceless. GLS, or Gets Lost So-often as I like to call them, have shipped my parcels around the world. I think the last order I got from Komplett went to more continents than I've been to, and when it did get to my house, and I wasn't there, they left it to the side of the house where anyone could take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah I wouldn't be so annoyed if:

a) he hadnt left it on the kind of veranda part of treehouse, exposed to the elements.

and b) it looks like its about to lash rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Some pics as promised, gonna wait for a bit of "burn in" before benchmarking:

My god its one heavy mo-fo:

p1010036ju8.th.jpg

And next to the Retail HSF for a rough comparison (slight elevation difference due to mounting):

p1010037le6.th.jpg

And finally, my GLS trophy, which will be placed in a display case, a tribute to disregard for company procedure:

p1010039em2.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Lol, they have company procedure now? :D
    Whenever I used them either someone's in the house or they just give it in next door. Thankfully I trust my neighbours, but it would have been nice for them to at least call me to make this decision (like DHL do - fortunately on the one occasion I used them it was Maxtor who was paying! :cool: ) as neighbours aren't always nice or trustworthy.

Advertisement