Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRF (or not?)

Options
  • 13-06-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

My cat is male, and will be eighteen this year. Last year he was diagnosed with CRF after blood tests etc... Over the last year he has started vomiting a lot, which I know is a further symptom of the disease. However, he's always been sensitive and prone to getting agitated, to tummy upsets etc.. He's on prednilosone for the CRF and also an arthritic jaw. But the weird thing is that he doesn't follow a pattern of deterioration. Sometimes he's better without the pills and in general is in fantastic shape and mood. He has a good appetite and only goes off food when either his jaw is really bothering him or he's eaten grass or something too rich and his tummy is upset.

I'm just wondering if this diagnosis is perhaps a little too concrete. The kidneys get cats in the end in the majority anyway. Anyone else have any experiences?

Thanks.

Advertisement