Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes club in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Hi Synkro,
    Yes there are a few in the club, I believe though I have only seen one other member in Dublin with one, and another at a show in Meath.

PM me your email address and I will forward details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Hi , have recently purchased a 78 280ce , 85k with history, superb interior, needs arches and a door but have these and hope to restore to my standards. However hope to drive it regularily so will not go overboard. Car is a superb driver and am really chuffed with it. Have been toying with the idea of buying one for a while. Can you pm me details for the merc club in Ireland please.;)

shawnee wrote: »
    Hi , have recently purchased a 78 280ce , 85k with history, superb interior, needs arches and a door but have these and hope to restore to my standards. However hope to drive it regularily so will not go overboard. Car is a superb driver and am really chuffed with it. Have been toying with the idea of buying one for a while. Can you pm me details for the merc club in Ireland please.;)

..........PM sent ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 veronie

MercMad wrote: »
    Hi 2CV, I run the Leinster section of the Worldwide Mercedes Club. The two UK Clubs you refer to are not actuallu UK Clubs. Our Club
    www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk was formed in the UK in 1952 and it is the only Club that is officially recognised by the Factory. We have approx. 11,000 members Worldwide, with about 300 in Ireland.

The "other" Club, is not actually a Club, it is an internet based group which was formed by the people who used to produce our newsletter !!

We currently have a monthly Gazette produced solely by members, full colour, with new,modern and Classic Mercs featured and it has won magazine awards.

Send me an email/pm and I will give you more details on events in Ireland, we have Regions in Ulster,Munster,Leinster & Connacht !

This was our stand at Ternure '06, we will be there again this year !

General1.jpg
    Hi :), I am interested in joining the club and would be interested in attending shows in Ireland, in particular Leinster. Could you please send me details an how to join. Thankyou ;) and i look 4ward to your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

Hey, anyone here form the Munster area? I joined the club recently, but haven't got around to going to the meetings yet. My car is a '95 W124 with 148000 miles that I use as a daily driver. :)

PM sent Veronie !

Luke you should get in touch with either James or Craig, the reps in your area. The meetings are very casual and the lads would make you very welcome !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gniie

hey MercMad, need help.
    just got a w210 and it has only one key. Main dealer quote a bit high for ordering new one for spare. There are few for sale on Ebay but they need to be reprogramed. Any ideas on how is it done or if it is possible without the main dealer's "help"?
    I would also like to know more about the MB club Ireland please. Maybe PM some details....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi,

in the same postion myself so would be interested in a cheaper solution as well biggrin.gif

regards

brendan
    gniie wrote: »
    hey MercMad, need help.
    just got a w210 and it has only one key. Main dealer quote a bit high for ordering new one for spare. There are few for sale on Ebay but they need to be reprogramed. Any ideas on how is it done or if it is possible without the main dealer's "help"?
    I would also like to know more about the MB club Ireland please. Maybe PM some details....

I PM'd "gniie" and told him to speak to "Autofix" here on boards via PM, I believe he may have the ability to programme the keys.

Let us know how you get on please.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys I gave you a bum steer, he's actually "Mr Diagnoistic" on Boards, "Autofix " is somewhere else, same guy.

Thank's MercMad.
    I got the PM and I've sent an e-mail.
    I'll try to get in touch with d expert.

I tried to get in touch with "Mr.Diagnostic" but no luck.
    Does anyone else has any ideas on how to reprogram a used key fob for a e-class mercedes?
    I found some instructions on e-bay but none of them work.
    If anybody knows any places that do this kind of reprograming( including friendly Mercedes dealer) around Dublin and suroundings I am open to sugestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi gniie,

I got in contact with Mr Diagnostic about getting an ebay car key reprogrammed for my merc200 and according to him it cannot be done and he has recommended going to a Mercedes dealer.

I contacted a dealer in Dublin and they are looking at approx 265e for key and programing .

hope this helps

brendan

All I can suggest lads is to phone around, there does not seem to be a set price for either supplying OR reprogramming.

Good luck.

My quote from one MB dealer was €180+VAT and I was told it could take a few days.
    I got some info from a number of locksmiths and as a result I am going to see one today that might be able to help. He said that he needs to see what chip is fitted to my old and new key fobs. And I also found out that the mechanical key it is cut with laser technology( not your average locksmith job). It might as well end it all up in a MB dealership. I'll keep you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I have been able to get MB stuff far cheaper up in MB Craigavon. Might be handy if you are doing a Newry/IKEA run.

I was quoted about 475 for an exhaust section and got it for 320.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

If anyone is interested in a G-Wagen long wheel base shell and chassis I have one going free to a good home. Not to sell its free. I'd rather pass it along here than in the free ad's. We have had G's for years and don't have any any more so rather than scrap it someone may as well have it. Let me know.

FYI- if you care.....
    I got the key fob checked and it looks like only MB can suply them( that is from locksmith that can duplicate almost any other brand keys).
    However they were able to duplicate the mechanical key.It is laser cut. I guess at least it can open the car in an emergency so you can have some access to the controls.
    I might check out the MB dealership up the North at a later stage to see if they can supply an original key fob cheaper.
    If anyone founds any other options please feel free to share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Hi MercMad,
    can you pm me details about the club? I have a 91 300CE.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 aovc

The OLDEST Mercedes Club in the world has Leinster, Munster, Connaught and NI Regions.

If you tell me where you are I will give you the contact details of the Regional Officer nearest to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 aovc

Isaac Agnew the MB Dealers in Belfast & Craigavon will give members of the MB Club 10% discount on parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cardoc

The Mercedes-Benz club have booked a stand at the Aovc Classic Show in Ballymena on 27th June so far as well as the usual members bookings have been recieved from MB members from Galway, Kildare and Dublin
    ]
    The show is expected to be a big'n with over 6 acres of hardstanding for the display plus we have all weather pitches for autojumble and Dermot Flynn is doing his car sales on another.

The important reason for encouraging your mates to join you on the day is that the AOVC have stated that will be giving what money they can to support the Ireland Air Ambulance. For those who are not aware of IAA, they are going to be operating 365 days a year out of Omagh, the aircraft works within the 'Golden Hour' which will offer the capability to cover the following areas: Antrim, Armagh, Belfast. Cavan, Donegal, Down , Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, L'Derry, Leitrim, Louth, Longford, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon, Sligo, Tyrone, Westmeath, and not forgetting Rathlin Island and the Isle Of Man.

From a 999 call this fully equipped Helicopter Emergency Medical Service [HEMS] Air Ambulance will be tasked, airborne and en route in under 3 minutes with a fully trained Trauma Doctor and Trauma Paramedic on board. Their expertise will allow them to also determine which is the best hospital to deal with that particular type of injury at that time - whether it is a head, spinal, limb or other. The Air Ambulance pilots will do the rest!

Now, if for nothing else, that cause is worth supporting, but to crown it you will have a wonderful time and it's soo-soo easy to get to from the south, just take the A1 to Sprucefield, join the M1, this the great bit biggrin.gif you dont have to go through Belfast's busy streets, continue on the A12/M to join the M5/ M3 to Ballymena, if your very unlucky you might have to stop at one set of traffic lights between Newry and Ballymenasmile.gifwink.gif
    Come on lads get your entry in before 20th May to guarantee a £30.00 finisher award, just enter online at www.aovcclassicshow.co.uk you can sign up for a free newsletter on the site as well, look forward to seeing you all. Let's support our M-B regional officers most of whom are making the trip and try to make the MB stand the best supported at the show
    If any of you would like to book accomodation get in touch with me and I can point you in the right direction.
    If anybody wants to camp overnight or for the weekend there is a free campsite adjoining the show again get in touch and I will help to organise it for you or your group, why not come up on Friday and stay until Sunday[IMG]http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG Cardoc[/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jozx7r

Not yet a member of the merc club but I would join if I could find a good clean example, 280,300,or a 350sl. I'd like to keep to a 1981 or earlier model (pay too much revenue as it is) I want a good one that's reliable and presentable to hire out. Like our wee nation my budget's stretched but I'd consider anything if it was worht its asking price.

You'd be looking at a 280 or 350 then, 300's were later.

Its hards to find good rust free cars but the newer the better. There are plenty in the Club Gazette each month, best place to look !

To join either contact turlough.mullen@mercedes-benz-club.co.uk , he is in charge of the Leinster branch or join on-line at
    http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/public/application.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jozx7r

Still on the scrounge for a good Sl too, looked at one the weekend...waste of a very long journey. Anyone have any background history on SL Shop Uk? Cars look good, a bit pricey but if they're as good as they look and have a bit of history might be worh the the few extra bob. Just too far and too much money to travel that far and be dissappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I'm another SL hunter, but the stickiness of the prices and high costs of ownership are starting to make me wonder whether it's worth it. I think I might have to park this dream to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I saw a very nice looking SL on Dondeal.ie today in the classic car section.
    It looked good value at just under eight grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

I'm another SL hunter, but the stickiness of the prices and high costs of ownership are starting to make me wonder whether it's worth it. I think I might have to park this dream to be honest.

A late model 300SL would not be too much to run, It should give about 24-28mpg. Tax is 1300 odd though. You may be able to get it insured as a second car or classic car for a few hundred.

Or else go back in the years and go for the 280, 350 or 450sl. They should give around 20mpg, maybe more (not in town though). Tax is €48 and insurance is in the €150-250 as a second car.

Now is a good time to buy with prices depressed, but you would have to look at a few before you buy.

Mechanical spares are available for early and late models. Bodywork and trim items can be a bit harder to find and are pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mayodanny

hey mercmad if your still around pm me details on joining please,

lookin forward to the pm,

cheers danny

PM sent !!

BTW anybody can join the club using this link !

http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/public/application.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gavster

Thanks MercMad,

Will be joining up straight away - have just had my E220 Coupe transplanted with an OM606 engine from an E300D, so I reckon I'll be needing some expert advice to keep my hybrid running!

Thanks,

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I would be interested in hearing more about the Mercedes club, I own a 91 300 CE 24 that needs a bit of work and would love to have the use the resources of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

There is the Mercedes-Benz Club.Co. Uk. There are provincial branches in Ireland. Each area has a Regional Organiser. It costs about E50 a year. You get the Clubs magazine, Gazette each month, which is very good reading. If you need more detail, log into the Mercedes-benz club.co .uk. or give me a call, I may be able to assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kirill24

Hi guys is anyone knows where can i update my multimedia in IRELAND for Mercedes w212 I wish to be able connect my phone to the screen (phone mirroring-screen mirroring) And what a proper name of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

Kirill24 wrote: »
    Hi guys is anyone knows where can i update my multimedia in IRELAND for Mercedes w212 I wish to be able connect my phone to the screen (phone mirroring-screen mirroring) And what a proper name of that

Mercedes Benz dealer

Advertisement