Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths....ARGH

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Last years question 7 was incredibly simple, and 2005 was really friendly too, so I wouldn't bank on it.
    As for myself, I'll be answering Q1-4,7,10 with Q5,6,8 as back-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I love Q5, I dunno why people dislike it. It's almost always the exact same situation(two spheres collide obliquely...), just different numbers and a different thing to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I don't have a teacher and I understand it well enough ;)

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Whichever way you learnt it first was the easy way rather then have teachers teaching you a harder way. ;)

Anyway, I'll prolly pick my 6 from 1-5 and 9-10 with ridgid body rotation as a backup incase I can't get 6 from those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JC 2K3 wrote:
    What was especially tough about the last two years?

If we get anything like the last two years it'll be a blessing - compare them to papers from the 80s and 90s!

Last years paper(2005 in particular) was a million billion times tougher than papers from the 80s/90s(an exaggeration I admit, but you get the point I wanna make). IMO. I wonder why the number of A's feel from 28% in 2004 to 10% in 2005? In fairnesws the 2006 paper wasn't too bad, but it was far from the easiest paper to turn up in Applied Maths. Bring on a 2004 or 1998 or even the 93 paper. please;)

I have this horrible feeeling that we're gonna get a horrible paper on Friday. Heres hoping I'm wrong:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I hope not, at the moment I'm only confident about projectiles. The hardest thing they can ask is bouncing down the hill, right? That's not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I don't do applied maths (thank goodness) but my friend does and she's always complaining about it, hence my reading this thread, and felt I had to ask:
    JC 2K3, you don't have a teacher? Have you always not had a teacher?

Oh and this
    Lucas10101 wrote:
    I'm sure 99.999% of Boardsters would agree here only they might be afraid of being attacked by his acidic tongue and brute language.:rolleyes:

is total crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Nehpets wrote:
    I hope not, at the moment I'm only confident about projectiles. The hardest thing they can ask is bouncing down the hill, right? That's not too bad

What about bouncing UP a hill?? :eek:

Yeah projectiles is grand... seeing as in it was one of the first things we learned it's the one I'm most comfortable with :)

Am I the only one who doesn't like question 10? Sometimes I just find it hard to put the words into maths... Part A is easy enough though...

Selphie wrote:
    JC 2K3, you don't have a teacher? Have you always not had a teacher?
    Had a teacher in 5th year, then the class got too small and was cancelled. Was thinking about going to the institute this year for it, but decided to try doing it on my own first, and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I love Q5, I dunno why people dislike it. It's almost always the exact same situation(two spheres collide obliquely...), just different numbers and a different thing to find.

I dunno why people dislike Q7. It's almost always the same situation(two rods connected...), just different constructions/set-ups and a different thing to find.

And I didn't say I dislike it, it's the fact that I can get other questions done quicker than it, tbh.

Well I wasn't specifically referring to you, just in general people seem to have 5 as optional, whereas I'm definately doing it.

I'm actually starting to understand Q7 better now, since I did hydrostatics. Couldn't get my head around moments before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well I wasn't specifically referring to you, just in general people seem to have 5 as optional, whereas I'm definately doing it.

I'm actually starting to understand Q7 better now, since I did hydrostatics. Couldn't get my head around moments before.

People generally dont like question 5 because although its usually simple, its very very long and labourious... That is definitely my 8th question, unless Ive plenty of time at the end!

Advertisement