Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mexicans in Ballymun

• 13-06-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

As I took the Ballymun exit off the M50 last week 5 or 6 Mexican men and women carrying children emerged from the bushes along the side of the slip road. Since then I've seen them every morning!! Has anyone seen them, or have any idea where they might be coming from every morning? They sort of look like they might live in the bushes!!?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Don't know why but it puts the image of a bunch of them crossing the Rio Grande and accidentally stepping through a wormhole and ending up in the 'mun looking around in a daze going WTF ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

What gave them away as mexicans, were they wearing sombreros and ponchos ;) Most likely they were roma gypsies, they are also dark skinned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tell me your takin the piss?

I do be up that area a good bit (I live in Santry) and I havent seen them!!!

Just before the bridge part or after before the Statoil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Fieldog wrote:
    Tell me your takin the piss?

I do be up that area a good bit (I live in Santry) and I havent seen them!!!

Just before the bridge part or after before the Statoil?

No I'm deadly serious!! It looks really wierd!! They come out up beside the roundabout at the top of the exit from the M50!

SLow Motion-thats exactly what it looks like!!

Why do you think they are mexicans?

• Advertisement

Just had a look at the M50 traffic cam and you might be right ;)

MexicanSunscreen.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you sure they aren't gypsies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No I'm deadly serious!! It looks really wierd!! They come out up beside the roundabout at the top of the exit from the M50!

SLow Motion-thats exactly what it looks like!!

Hmm,

that area you mention is an ESB power grid place AFAIK, and further up that road is where the travellers NCT area is, you sure its not the travellers???

Unless travellers like fake tan?

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

They are roma gypsies, they used to live in the bushes off the old airport road at the bust stop opposite damastown cemetery until they were evicted and the bushes cut down by the DAA as its airport property. They have relocated to the bushy by the slip road at the m50 I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Theres a few romanian gypsies who've been mooching around that end of the mun for the last few weeks. They DO look mexican, very dark skinned even by romanii standards. Having shared a bus with them it wouldnt suprise me if theyre living in the bushes or summat...fairly pungent bang offa them tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I saw them yesterday morning about 9 a.m. they looked like Roma to me. A man and a boy were walking across the M50 roundabout and then another guy hopped over the guard rail from the bushes?? They stood out because you never see anyone walking around there. Weird , maybe they are camping out.

Fingalian wrote:
    I saw them yesterday morning about 9 a.m. they looked like Roma to me. A man and a boy were walking across the M50 roundabout and then another guy hopped over the guard rail from the bushes?? They stood out because you never see anyone walking around there. Weird , maybe they are camping out.

Yeah thats exactly what I saw! I just thought it quite strange as there is never anyone walking around there, and the fact that they came out of the bushes was strange as well! They're hardly living in there though, are they!!!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And I was wondering what the bunch of Roma blokes I saw emerging from
    the bushes on the M50 roundabout where doing whilst I was driving back from
    the airport last week... suddenly it's all becoming clearer.

Must confess I did think they looked rather dishevelled and homeless.
    As if we haven't enough Irish itinerants without importing more.
    Bloody traffic hazard if you ask me.

And they were certainly not Mexicans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

I thought this would be about Mexican restaurants in Ballymun:p

Bloody traffic hazard if you ask me.

And they were certainly not Mexicans!

They are deffo a traffic hazard! This morning there were about 15 or so of them on both sides of the road. The cops were there trying to deal with them!

I just thought thy looked like Mexicans......but thats just me being a bit ignorant I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They're only a traffic hazard if ye try to avoid hitting em :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

MAYPOP wrote:
    I thought this would be about Mexican restaurants in Ballymun:p

exactly what i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

To us your all Mexicans down there south of the border

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I thought that there were only cowboys in Ballymun?
    And now that they Mexicans have arrived it must be like a re-enactment of The Alamo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hill Billy wrote:
    I thought that there were only cowboys in Ballymun?
    Ahh, that would explain the proliferation of horses there! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

DonJose wrote:
    What gave them away as mexicans, were they wearing sombreros and ponchos ;) Most likely they were roma gypsies, they are also dark skinned.

And I thought to myself ,we're in for a wild warm summer :rolleyes:

fook the mexicans ,it's raining:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Seen 'em myself.

I was going to put a post up in the shooting forum for interested and like minded people interested in shooting can's... Ya know....

MexiCAN's and AfriCAN's..

:D

Plenty of 'em about these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Mairt banned for a week.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement