Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin getting worse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

dellytots wrote:
    Another thing to add about O'Connell St - It looks like Sh*t. Its ment to be one of the main streets of Dublin. Its were all the buses arrive filled with tourists stops. All the shops have closed or are closing down and all the buildings are run down. All it has left is Dr Qurkies with junckies hanging around outside and about 20 spars, centras etc.

I have to disagree. Well, I agree about the centras, spars and fast food joints, and that god awful dr quirkeys! They let the street down. But on the other hand, you have some lovely architecture, some really nice statues, the spire (which I really like), the GPO, Clery's, The Gresham Hotel, Savoy, Grand Central Pub, some decent stores.. it's not all bad. And at night with all the lights on etc, it looks lovely.. imo.

I may be slightly biased, I live very close to O'Connell Street and consider that whole area my home, so I get quite upset when people just see the bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I lived in Dublin since 1981 and it's never exactly been a peaceful, clean city.

Most big cities have similar problems.

Moving out of the city centre would address a lot of your whining.
    dellytots wrote:
    Its hard to find someone who speaks english when your lost.

Dopey after hours type comment tbh.

Advertisement