Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dáil.

Options
  • 13-06-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Why is there a tent outside it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Has Michael Mc Dowell fallen on hard times?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've been wanting to ask this question on boards for a long time but I never got around to doing it because I always forgot, but for the last year and a half at least this tent has been erected outside the Dáil which I passed on a daily basis coming home from college. Does anyone know why it's there, or why it hasn't been removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Someone is in it staging a protest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hedgehunter

Binomate wrote:
    Why is there a tent outside it?

Fianna Fail have moved the Galway Races to Kildare St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Thaedydal wrote:
    Someone is in it staging a protest.

Any idea who, and what they are protesting against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Linford wrote:
    Any idea who, and what they are protesting against.
    Thus proving his protest isn't in vain ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It's this guy who is accusing a Labour TD (forget the name, turns up at everything) of stripping the file of evidence that he gave him, regarding his daughter getting a glass in the face at a well known local pub, an event that was, according to him, hushed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

It's this guy who is accusing a Labour TD (forget the name, turns up at everything) of stripping the file of evidence that he gave him, regarding his daughter getting a glass in the face at a well known local pub, an event that was, according to him, hushed up.

Twas not in the local per se but in a function room upstairs. One of Bertie's locals in D9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Peter preston was his name. Went on Hunger strike for a month last summer. Supposedly anyways. He says that all he had was tea with milk and sugar in it, no food for a month.

Won't name the TDs he reckons covered this up, but he seemed a bit of a loony at the time when I spoke with him tbh. Claimed that the media was holding a government ordered blackout of his hunger strike. Only sources of any of this online is from indymedia (lol)
    There was one point where he was saying that all he wanted was a simple meeting face to face with mcDowell (the petulant ****tard that he is/was) but McDowell didnt acknowledge it.

Re: protesting outside Leinster House: most of the people who matter don't visit there every day, most only twice a week or less.
    And almost none walk, most drive straight through without even a passing glance at whatever is going on outside.
    No protest is ever loud enough that it can be heard inside LH, be it leinster house 2000 or any of the offices, not even the seanad which is closest to the gates.
    In other words, most politicians or workers in the Dail will see more protests on the 6/1 than in real life.

Advertisement