Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Slammiversary *Spoilers, Predictions, Jibberish*

• 13-06-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

I know its a bit early to be starting a PPV thread, especially a TNA one, but I'm really bored.

King of the Mountain Match
    Angle vs Joe vs Styles vs ? vs ?

Well one of the question marks has got to be Christian and I guess the other one will be Jarett, but then again he might not be up for it after his wife died. Still, with those 5 it should be a very good match. My money would be on either Joe or Christian, but then Angle could win cos he's Kurt Angle, and Jarrett basically owns the company so he could go greedy again. This should be pretty exciting at least, the concept of the match is pretty daft though so that will hinder it a bit.

Tag Title Match
    Steiner Brothers vs Team 3D

I'm sure this is someone's dream match, but no one I know, thankfully. I'll expect nothing and if I get anything else I'll be pretty happy.

X Division Title Match
    Sabin vs Lethal

The Black Machismo era to begin here. Unfortunately. I've been loving Sabin recently and I don't want him to loose the title, but he's had it for long enough and Lethal could do with the break. Unless Dutt gets involved and ****s over Lethal...

Backlund vs Shelley
    This is going to suck. I can't see Shelley winning at all. Hopefully he will loose this, Sabin will loose the X Title, then the Motor City Machine Guns take over TNA.

Young vs Roode
    Young to win and put an end to this dumb angle.

VKM vs The Bashams
    I'll be pissed off if Bashams don't win. Actually, I won't cos I don't care.

Wycheck vs Storm
    Wycheck is some "NFL great" who has no place in a wrestling ring, even a six sided one. Lets hope Storm emulates his Texas Death Match performance, and knocks the lard out of this Wycheck chap. Not gonna happen though.

This is a lame lineup for any PPV, never mind one of the companies biggest of the year. The main event could be good, same with the X Title but aside from that.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I think Sting and Daniels will have a match too which could steal the show, but where are Senshi, LAX, Harris, Lynn, Rhino, Petey, Serotonin, Tomko, Dutt, etc?
    They will probably throw in a X Division cluster****, which better involve Kazarian getting out of Serotonin, he's being wasted big time.

Not one for the ages!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

The card seems to be resting heavily on the main event, it's the only match their really pushing hard. They've tried a little to push the two tag matchs a little and the NFL guy got them some great exposure so that's served it's purpose really, now they just need to have a bad match.

Young should win, but by fluke. After Roode's win against Jeff Jarrett they should have pushed him much more.

Where the hell are L.A.X?? Instead we get VKM vs. Bashams wich has been dragged out too long. L.A.X should not be off a PPV.

Right now the card doesn't look too promising, but at leaset it's the second consecutive PPV without an abundance of ridiculous gimmick matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Apparantly TNA have signed "The Hat Guy" to a 3 year deal. He'll be debuting at ringside at Slammiversary. They're still in talks with "Faith No More Guy". "Sign Guy" rejected a 2 year deal earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched some of the highlights of the last few weeks of TNA just there, there was some interesting stuff. Christian's promos are gold. "Come on, team spirit! Now on 3, say Christian Cage". A Sesame Steet poster was in the background for one too, he's so cocky, I love it. Sabin and Kazarian had a great match a couple of weeks ago too

This week's Impact
    Christian beats Abyss by DQ, but Abyss beats everyone else in the KOTM match up, so it could be him who is the 5th participant

Lethal's gimmick just doesn't interest me at all and Dutt's looks to be even worse. I hate that they're getting air time and Alex Shelley isn't. Shelley is one of their most talented guys, he needs to be pushed, not jobbing to a "57 year old with health risks", as Cornette put it. Assuming he does lose

Not sure what they'll be doing with Team 3-D's opponents, I don't really want to see LAX against them again, but LAX should be on the ppv. Sting vs Daniels should be great if it happens at this ppv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah I agree, Chriatian is better in TNA than he ever had the chance to be in WWE (as a singles wrestler moreso, Edge and Christian ftw!!).
    I was wondering when yer man in the spoilers above was going to return. I guess its a matter of what Jarrett wants to do, I doubt he's thinking much business atm.

God I hope my MCMG prediction above comes true, I heard Sabin and Shelley had a few showstealers in PWG, as well as the match with the Briscoes which is meant to be better than any of the Briscoes/Aries Strong matches.
    The Daniels Sting story has been pretty wierd so far but I'd say they will have a cracker if they make it onto the card.

The match between the baseball (I'm assuming that's the sport he plays/played) guy and James Storm has been changed to a tag match with Jerry Lynn and Ron Killings added to the match. Killings is on Storm's side, so it looks like he'll be a heel now. Gives the match more potential to be good now

• Advertisement

Ah, I was hoping Lynn might be involved in a good match but now he'll have to carry his partner. Why oh why do TNA bother with these half famous sports stars? I mean AJ Perzinski or whatever his name was hardly boosted TNA when he appeared.

And they call themselves wrestling.....

Double C wrote:
    Ah, I was hoping Lynn might be involved in a good match but now he'll have to carry his partner. Why oh why do TNA bother with these half famous sports stars? I mean AJ Perzinski or whatever his name was hardly boosted TNA when he appeared.

And they call themselves wrestling.....
    Well the new sports personality they have got them some good publicity on news and sport shows.

Pro wrestling have always gotten famous faces in if they can. It helps them get publicity.

rizzla wrote:
    Well the new sports personality they have got them some good publicity on news and sport shows.

From what I could make out from Impact, it was just 3 or 4 Nashville stations. Some of the best tickets for the ppv are still on sale too, so I don't know if it's worked that well. Anyway, yer man's a prick. James Storm coughs and spills some water on him, and this lad deems it appropriate to smash a guitar over Storm's head while he has his back turned! I'm disappointed in Jerry Lynn for condoning such behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Apparantly "It's still real to me, dammit!" guy signed a 2 year deal today. He is expected to play a backstage role along with the recently signed "Faith No More" guy.

TNA is expected to offer WWE's "Sign Guy" a contract thin July when his WWE contract expires. He will have to undergo a costume change, as WWE have trademarked his Blue Shirt and Red Hat gimmick. Jeff Jarret is pushing for a Green Shirt and a Pirate hat.

Gerard.C, if you're going to post news like that, you're going to have to provide a credible source

Rhino and Chris Harris vs LAX has been added to the ppv, and Sting vs Daniels has been made official. Apparently Rick Steiner will be wrestling. Jim Cornette is to decide the final participant in the KOTM match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Fozzy wrote:
    Gerard.C, if you're going to post news like that, you're going to have to provide a credible source
    I think, no I hope he is joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Joe to win KOTM - He's injured, and he wouldn't be working unless he was being given something big. They should have put the title on him at Bound for Glory, but that would be asking TNA to make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

putting the belt on joe would still make sense, therefore it isnt an option, My bet goes on ol double J doing the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

styles or cage for the win.......maybe sting will be 5 participant?

Nah, Sting is fighting Daniels. It will either be Abyss or Jarrett.
    Although, they have mentioned that it could be someone who is not currently on the TNA roster, so don't be surprised to see RVD. Smart money is on Jarrett though.

Chris Harris has been replaced with Senshi in his match, for no immediately apparent reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The only match I'm interested in is the main event. Might skip this PPV and just watch the final match tomorrow.

That crap Black Machismo gimmick is stil going strong I see. :rolleyes:

First off, the arena looked cool and the new camera angle worked really well. The show got off to a flyer with Senshi and Rhino against LAX. The crowd were really hot for it. There were a few big spots like Homicide being powerbombed (kinda) to the outside. Konnan got involved, but Hector Guerrero assisted Rhino and Senshi to the win. Very solid opener.

The X title match was next. It was decent but very short due to the overcrowded card. Lethal picked up the win with Savages elbow.

Wycheck and Lynn vs Storm and Killings wasn't too bad, Wycheck handled himself well. He picked up the win with a dodgy looking piledriver.

Backlund beat Shelley in a match not unlike Hogan HBK in the youtube thread. Shelley oversold everything, it was great! Afterward Sabin and Nash came out but Lethal evened the odds. Nash seemed to side with Sabin and Shelley but ran when Lethal came out. I can see Nash turning on Lethal soon, the sooner the better!

VKM won I think, but Hoyt turned on them afterwards to join Christy.
    Roode beat Young after a chairshot, but Cornette came out to restart the match and Young won. Thank god this feud is over.

Next was the tag title match, but when I saw Scott Steiner's replacement was Animal, I decided not to watch it.

Sting and Daniels was good, but again way too short. It ws built up well by a decent promo from Daniels earlier in the show. Sting got the win after about 5 minutes.

Abyss and Tomko was added for some reason, it was decent but it was one match too many. The big spot off the scaffolding looked ridiculous when the black cover came off to reveal the cardboard boxes that they landed on. Abyss won after a Black Hole Slam onto the broken glass.

They showed an emotional interview with Jarrett saying that after the death of his wife, he didn't wasn't to wrestle for the time being.

The mystery 5th member of the KOTM match was revealed to be...Chris Harris. Wahey! They obviously wanted Jarrett to be in the match, hence the change in the Harris/Rhino vs LAX match.

The KOTM match was ok. I actually thought the gimmick of hanging the belt up worked well this time. AJ was knocked off the cage through a table, and Joe got taken out, but it didn't show how. There was a good exchange on the ladder between Angle and Christian which Angle got the better of. He got to the top and hung the belt. Angle is the new Champ! Afterwards Joe offered his hand in congratulations but Angle turned on him. I guess Joe will be Kurt's first feud, with Kurt as heel perhaps?

Overall it was ok, but there was maybe two matches too many. If Roode/Young and VKM/Bashams were on the pre show it would have been a lot better overall. Hopefully they get decent mileage out of Angle and Joe for the title.

Double C wrote:
    Abyss and Tomko was added for some reason
    Maybe it was because they beat the crap out of Abyss on iMPACT? Plus the fact that when Abyss did come back the previous iMPACT he was super over and if he was to be left off the PPV it would have killed some of his return heat.

Overall I thought it was a great PPV. One poor match with VKM and thats it, the rest where solid to great bouts.

The crowd where crazy hot and it added alot to the show.

Check it out if you can.

Advertisement