Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your Forza 2 pics...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nice work lads, looking good :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Love the garda car. Is it possible to gift designs ? Would love to have a garda car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

brianon wrote:
    Love the garda car. Is it possible to gift designs ? Would love to have a garda car :)

no but you can gift a car and then gift it back after you have copied the design

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

brianon wrote:

I'll have to think about it.
    I'd have to gift you a car with the design, dunno if it locks it to the car though.
    Don't have many cars yet though.
    I'll see ;)

@taxman, that r32 is cool, looks way harder than my garda car.
    The garda logo took about 30mins.
    I made it on a blank roof in big style, then shrunk it.
    It actually looked really bad when big, but got better when made smaller :)

It took me ages to figure out how to apply the design to other cars.
    In case someone else is having the same problem.....you need to highlight all layer on the LHS (for example) then use the create new group thingy. It saves it as a layer, then load it on another car.

I have ones for each side.

Is there an easier way?

Here's the garda clio btw ;)

it doesn't lock it to the car unless you want it to, it can be done so if you create a one off design that you want no-one else to have you can lock car that no modifications can be made

damn the more I watch this the more I want the bloody game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Here I am trying to navigate the Corkscrew in Laguna Seca last night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm gonna have to start adding some of you lot to my friends list so i can nab these designs off you!

If anyone wants to make a Thundercats one i'd be most appreciative - as i'd have no hope of doing a good one myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

Vegeta wrote:
    it doesn't lock it to the car unless you want it to, it can be done so if you create a one off design that you want no-one else to have you can lock car that no modifications can be made

damn the more I watch this the more I want the bloody game

Its quite annoying for me , Unless im doing something wrong but what i dont like is i spent a fortune of money and time on my little mini got it driving just the way i like it only for me not to be alloud to enter it in any more races :mad: , so now ive got this crappy Intergra and have to start all over again .

Ive found that silly little things happen like you tip a little bit of grass and instead of just driving over it the car turns at 90 degrees and hit a wall :eek:

or last night i was just booting down a straight then for no reason what so ever the car turned 90 to the left flew across the track and hit the wall !.

And unless you love track racing it gets very boring very quickly who wants to slow down to 30 or 40 kmph to go arond a hairpin , the amount of upgrades is dissapointing normally 3 upgrades available for each section .

It might get more fun as i get into it , maybe im being hard because im so annoyed at having to do up a new car .:D .

jodolan wrote:
    Its quite annoying for me , Unless im doing something wrong but what i dont like is i spent a fortune of money and time on my little mini got it driving just the way i like it only for me not to be alloud to enter it in any more races :mad: , so now ive got this crappy Intergra and have to start all over again .

Ive found that silly little things happen like you tip a little bit of grass and instead of just driving over it the car turns at 90 degrees and hit a wall :eek:

or last night i was just booting down a straight then for no reason what so ever the car turned 90 to the left flew across the track and hit the wall !.

And unless you love track racing it gets very boring very quickly who wants to slow down to 30 or 40 kmph to go arond a hairpin , the amount of upgrades is dissapointing normally 3 upgrades available for each section .

It might get more fun as i get into it , maybe im being hard because im so annoyed at having to do up a new car .:D .

I like track racing games and have no issues with having to use different cars. If you like racing the mini so much surely you can race others on xboxlive with it. You can just copy all your work (paint job wise) and put in on the integra too

so the only thing you'd have to do is vehicle upgrdades.

Also an integra is a much better racing platform than a mini but I don't know how that translates into the game.

What drivers aides do you have on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

So here's my new Reg plate on my garda car :)

You wouldn't think I was off work today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

Vegeta wrote:
    I like track racing games and have no issues with having to use different cars. If you like racing the mini so much surely you can race others on xboxlive with it. You can just copy all your work (paint job wise) and put in on the integra too

so the only thing you'd have to do is vehicle upgrdades.

Also an integra is a much better racing platform than a mini but I don't know how that translates into the game.

What drivers aides do you have on?

Its not the art work ill do a different one for each car its more the pain of having got the mini just right upgrades & tuning etc to my driving style ( hell for leather i call it ), so it stuck to the track and i could whip around . To going to a new car that needs to be upgraded and tuned all over again .its like having your favourtie pair of jeans then buying a new pair that have to be broken in :D .

I tried the live thing but i could only get into one race with these american idiots in super cars doing a 75 lap drifting thing , not even racing each other just skidding around corners not even drifting they where just pulling up the hand brake slidding stopping and screaming about drifting the full corner !!! i was like no you didnt you have to keep going all you did was a hand brake skid . then they got upset with me and my mini so i started ramming them :D

then i got bored of it all and wandered off . Think Colin Mcrae is more suited to me . Braking is for girls :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. I know what you mean. I guess its a positive and negative aspect of the game in that there are loads of cars but if you do take a liking to one you'll ahve to set it free if you want to continue in career mode.

I have a nice Golf Gti that I just use for trying for fastest laps on "TT-Boomslang" track. In the top 1% for Class D lap times on it now :D

does anyone have the steering wheel for this and if so is it any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I have the steering wheel for it and while it does add an extra layer of realism to the game its frustrating as I can't keep control of a car as well as I can with a pad and my lap times are miles off what I can do with a pad. So its a double edge sword, although I don't drive so it might be different for other people.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I have the steering wheel for it and while it does add an extra layer of realism to the game its frustrating as I can't keep control of a car as well as I can with a pad and my lap times are miles off what I can do with a pad. So its a double edge sword, although I don't drive so it might be different for other people.

do you use in car view??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yep, this is the only game I play in the incar view. Although I've tried the external one aswell and didn't fair any better.

brianon wrote:
    TT-Boomslang

I hate those TT tracks :mad: Things really piss me off!!!!!

I love the Nurburgring (Nordscheliefe (sp)) in this game, tis very frustrating when doing the time trials though as the laps are 7 minutes long so if you screw up at the start then you've to wait another 7 minutes or so to start again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I have a pacman styled Honda S2000 up on the auction house if anyone is interested. I forgot to take a picture of it before i put it up. But I have the design on another car that i can show you if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well I deleted the old camouflage design I had because it was awful and tried making a new one which is somewhat less awful, however it's still pretty bad.

f25fe8077df44d8c98604aenr2.th.jpg
    c6d3eb8fd98c44978cc2c08ay8.th.jpg
    b3b6558199614d179877abfpf8.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

V for Vendetta anyone?

ForzaVendetta1.jpg

ForzaVendetta2.jpg

Also, RS4 :)

I based it on this image:
    http://www.openvein.com/image/s/vforvendetta.jpg
    Ive since updated it with a more official looking "V" logo.

• Advertisement

Wow, awesome job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

@ Matt Simis, as Makaveli said WOW. Can I ask how many layers it took for the hood/roof/trunk section?

@Makaveli, Great camouflage design. Nice original idea. Was the base colour of the car white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Here is my xbox360-ireland.com themed car.
    360-side.jpg
    360-front.jpg
    360-back.jpg

Thanks, I'm not all that happy with it though, plenty of things that can be redone and touched up.

Base colour is the green, then I put the black over it followed by white and then brown. Any bits I felt needed some more green I added a bit to. I did the left hand side first then just copied all layers over to each other area and tweaked things a bit. I think the back turned out well but the rest is a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

@ Matt Simis, as Makaveli said WOW. Can I ask how many layers it took for the hood/roof/trunk section?

@Makaveli, Great camouflage design. Nice original idea. Was the base colour of the car white?

Its only about 160 Layers on the hood for the V picture (the rest is pretty basic), which isnt bad considering potientially you can have 1000 per section.
    Here's a closer pic: http://forzamotorsport.net/forzamotorsportnet/handlers/forza2handler.ashx?ID=714000&mode=10

Ill think of something clever for the sides and stuff tomorrow. Took about 3days on and off to do Vs face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Its only about 160 Layers on the hood for the V picture
    :eek: :eek:

I was losing the will to live around the 20 layer mark.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Below is my mate's Gears themed car.

Sorry for the slightly blurry pictures but he didn't have live at home to upload the pictures to the Forza website.

557425483_01c5276c2d_o.jpg

557425475_1d6087865b_b.jpg

557425465_dcedeefcec_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

hey guys, we're looking for forza players to join our community....

check out the site http://shadow-corp.net/360 and register for free

we also plan on having our own tourneys and leagues in forza to go along with ones in operation for pro evo, nhl07 and world championship snooker 07.

hey guys, we're looking for forza players to join our community....

check out the site http://shadow-corp.net/360 and register for free

we also plan on having our own tourneys and leagues in forza to go along with ones in operation for pro evo, nhl07 and world championship snooker 07.

What sort of prizes are on offer for the winner?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

This is my next peoject in the works. Picked something simple to do :p

southpark2.jpg

Advertisement