Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Prepaid 12+1 Gold Membership

• 13-06-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

hi folks

I've been using my free month trial (up tomorrow) so I purchased a card off a reputable seller on ebay. Got my code yesterday. I got it for e19. Anyways I set up a new gamertag and email account. Now I've been playing online since and thought everything is great but I just checked my Membership on "Account Management" page and it does say "Xbox Live Prepaid 12+1 Month Gold Membership" but on the right of the screen it says

End Date : 06/2007

So does this mean the code didn't work and am I still playing on my "trial" membership??

Is this possible or does each gamertag has to have it's own membership?

Thanks guys for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AntiRip wrote:
    Is this possible or does each gamertag has to have it's own membership?

Yes, if you put a membership code on an account/tag, it works for that tag, not other tags. If you set a new gamertag and put the code in that, it works on that new gamertag, not your old one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Live membership being gold or silver is for each individual gamertag, the subscription is not for the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Thanks for the replies guys. Well I emailed the seller and she said that it's ok that its a problem on Microsofts side with the date. Well I'm playing away online so it must be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought the 12+1 subscriptions didn't work over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I thought the 12+1 subscriptions didn't work over here?

They work with new gamertag accounts. If you already bought a live subscription in the past then it won't work. They are for new users only :(

• Advertisement

GStormcrow wrote:
    They work with new gamertag accounts. If you already bought a live subscription in the past then it won't work. They are for new users only :(

so will be able to update this account next year? don't want to be creating new accounts every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

AntiRip wrote:
    so will be able to update this account next year? don't want to be creating new accounts every year

You'll be able to update it, but not with one of those packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I signed up for Xbox live but never purchased a membership.

Could I use a 12+1 subscription or do I have to go for the normal Gold membership for 60 bucks??

mcgovern wrote:
    You'll be able to update it, but not with one of those packs.

Thanks mcgovern
    jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

I signed up for Xbox live but never purchased a membership.

Could I use a 12+1 subscription or do I have to go for the normal Gold membership for 60 bucks??
    Today 13:45

You will have to sign up again with a new gametag for the 12+1 subscription. You can get it on ebay for 19.21 euros.

AntiRip wrote:
    You will have to sign up again with a new gametag for the 12+1 subscription. You can get it on ebay for 19.21 euros.

Nice one, thanks for that.

Excuse my ignorance, but whats the difference between the free silver membership and the gold membership??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can't play online with silver membership, and gold gets some demos/trailers etc before silver. Thats not worth much though, so don't upgrade unless you play online.

I'll be playing online alright so I'll upgrade.

Just went onto ebay and there's a few 12+1 subs, but the sellers are based in the States...would the subscription work here??

jamieh wrote:
    I'll be playing online alright so I'll upgrade.

Just went onto ebay and there's a few 12+1 subs, but the sellers are based in the States...would the subscription work here??

check your mesaages jamieh

Advertisement