Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Increasing a cars BHP?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

OKenora wrote:
    I have no connection to or ever had any connection to any company that sells re-maps. My sole interest is as a hobby tuning my own personal cars and in the past tuning cars for racing (non-professionally)

Anything I pass on is gained from my own experience, the fact that it closely correlates with the re-mappers may simply be down to the fact that it's correct.

Fair enough. And your contribution is interesting.

But I still cant help being suspicious about something that just seems too good to be true. There just isnt such a thing as a free lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Heres my experience with driving my brothers 1.9tdi Alhambra chipped form 115bhp to approx 150bhp. The car is definetly thirstier when floored, but for day to day driving with moderate revs, fuel consumption is no worse. The profile of power over the rev range was specified by my brother to increase power nearer the top end, resulting in the engine feeling more like a petrol engine with stronger pull thru the rev range instead of the a big lump of torque at 2000rpm, then nothing higher up the revs (pre chip). It was a great investment, and I would highly recommend it, however long term reliabilty issues have yet to be tested, but I havent heard of many problems with the chipping. The car is transformed, overtaking is such a doddle in comparision. (Strangely enough the turbo blew due to a failed bearing a week before the chip, so dont assume that chipping always is the direct cause for turbo failure!)

Advertisement