Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canine Hydrotherapy

Options
  • 13-06-2007 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My two and a half year old springer spaniel has just been diagnosed with chronic hip dysplasia. I have read several articles about this condition and apparently HYDROTHERAPY is a pretty good exercise system for this disease. I have searched on the net for a place in or around Kildare/Dublin for this treatment but have had no success. I would be very greatful for any information anybody could give in locating one. I did find one but it is based in Cork.

Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi there,

I have a GD who just had a Wobbler's OP and now is doing Hydrotherapy 3x a week. As I am in Galway I couldn't go to Dublin or anywhere on the East Coast 3x a week so I started phoning stud farms and GH trainer and eventually got lucky. There is a canine HT place in north Dublin, I have the number somewhere and I'll dig it out for you tomorrow.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

you could try some of the larger studs or even ask at some vets somebody is bound to know one close by. if worse comes to worse you could always brave the sea - just bring your dog out and let him swim back to the shore. we let our horses walk in the sea...with amazing results.

Advertisement