Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mg Zr

Options
  • 13-06-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey
    Right.. Im getting my 1st car and want to spend about 6 grand..( I can go up or down)
    Ive been driving a year now and want my own car.. Ive had my eye on a MG zr for some time.. But recently my mate told me that his one basically fell apart.. Everything that was right with the car went wrong!!
    Is it only its good looks that sells or is he just an exception??

What would you suggest??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I do think Rover have something of an undeservedly poor reputation. That said, i'd never spend more than €4,000 on one and for that money it would want to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

My friend has one and it has to be one of the best handling cars I've ever driven. In saying that, nearly every time I get into the car there is something else wrong with it! Needed a new ECU costing €2,500 :eek: a new gearbox at 35k miles and all manner of other issues. He had it back to the garage 17 times in one year.
    Personally I would avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

TBH i'd buy a Rover 218 VVC or something similar before i'd spend the extra on an MG ZR. They're pretty much the same car apart from looks and suspension, and a few other small details.

Get a Rover 18.VVC (160BHP nice and pokey) and stick on MG ZR shocks and springs and yeehaw!

If you're set on the ZR, they're a grand car and I loved mine to bits, but be prepared for a few small job's, thing's tend to just go on them (Same could be said for all cars)

Do a bit of research on the K-Series engine and checkout http://forums.mg-rover.org These guy's really know their MG-Rovers

-Edit- Sorry, I had a Rover 200, not a ZR, still loved it though

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

i've had one for two years now and find it great, had no problems with it at all and its no trouble getting it serviced. Its a great drive and they are cheap for what you get now

Advertisement