Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round top or compact radiators

Options
  • 13-06-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm changing all of my radiators to higher output ones. Having looked at the output figures, the compact radiators seem to be more efficient but my plumber contends the round top (Barlo/Quinn) emit more heat. Does anyone have an opinion as to which is the best all round radiator with regard to efficiency and performance? Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Rolled top radiators tend to be the best output.
    There are new radiators out in the last two years that maybe more effecient ,needing less water to heat.
    But the rolled top radiators are very strong .

You'll find that rolled top radiators are generally smaller than stelrad convector radiators, per output.

EDIT : I don't install barlo radiators ,the finish is not as good as myson. It's really a matter of taste though for yourself ,sometimes rolled top look best ,
    Sometimes panel rads look better.

Base your choice cosmetically as much as effeciency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mtg

How do myson compare to other makes such as Firefly or Savana. thanks

Advertisement