Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking off the 'oul fake tannage

• 13-06-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Right, I have found the fake tan that works best for me, but haven't perfected getting it off completely without looking mottled and patchy. Took over a week for the last layer to come off, and that was with 2 showers every day, exfoiating with a pretty heavy duty exfoliator once a day.

Does anybody know any tricks/products for removing scaly fake tan? Don't want to look like an orange fish. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I can normally get it off in one shower, don't know how it took you so long :confused:

If it's really ingrained I take a bath and soak for about half an hour to loosen the top layer of skin. Then I use Clinique's sparkle skin exfoliator and a one of those scrubby glove things/ a loofah mitt. It can hurt if you have to rub hard, but it'll get it off. I've also heard that Cif is great for taking fake tan off, but I wouldn't put it near my skin in a million years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Go swimming and then use st Ives apricot scrub....that usualy works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The body shop cocoa butter scrub and some exfoliating gloves does the trick for me.

What tan are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

panda100 wrote:
    Go swimming and then use st Ives apricot scrub....that usualy works

Used that. With a loofah. Til I bled. :( I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray (Multiposition).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

orla wrote:

What tan are you using?

Going by the sounds of it,this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Used that. With a loofah. Til I bled.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

rb_ie wrote:
    Going by the sounds of it,this.

Haha have to hand it to you there...that was excellent.
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Used that. With a loofah. Til I bled. :( I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray (Multiposition).

Yeh maybe you should try a different tan, i was never a huge fan of Sublime simply because it took so long to take off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Exfoliate REALLY well before you put on the tan. Theoretically your skin should shed/renew at the same rate and the tan should fade at the same rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Rogueish wrote:
    Exfoliate REALLY well before you put on the tan. Theoretically your skin should shed/renew at the same rate and the tan should fade at the same rate.

I do that as well! Ugh, bleedin' same effect as Ronseal, is the oul Sublime.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I find hot tubs/jacuzzi's or swimming pools are fantastic for stripping off fake tan :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

there's a st tropez tan remover that in theory should remove all kinds of tan right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try a facecloth. They work well.
    Of course, you can't expect to get your tan off too quickly after it's on, I'd give it a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 M0use

Go to a swimming pool for 15 minutes - the chlorine in the water strips the tan off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

artnotort wrote:
    there's a st tropez tan remover that in theory should remove all kinds of tan right?

except a proper tan right? cause if it removes that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

artnotort wrote:

No, that only works within 15 mins of application. It's more for fixing streaks/ forgetting to wash your hands etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Butternutz

the steam room after a swim usually does it for me..might have to rub it a bit while in there tho.. sublime is a lovely tan but its a bitch to get off especially if u use more than one application.. try using the darkest shade but only applying it once.. or their moisturising tan-nutrisummer is lovely as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barkingmad

Sorry D4 but christ on a bike, you must apply an AWFUL lot of tan at once? I tan religiously once a week and have been for years (gosh... now that I think of it... far too many years than I care to remember!! :eek: ) and honestly the only explanation I can think of is that you must be putting on far too much?? I too use L'Oreal, also Fake Bake (when I'm in the money :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

SexyD4Lady wrote:

I use that tan too. Usually do two layers. Start exfoliating with a mitt or somethin about 2 days after you put it on. In about 5 days have a hot bath to loosen the dead skin. Usually works but i don't think there's any way of getting it all off in one go til it's ready to come off!
    I hate when it gets to that patchy stage!!! It's really annoying!

Advertisement