Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Network will rip me off the least ?!?

• 13-06-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently a basic Pre-pay Meteor user, who is a bit pissed off at the price they charge for Internet access ... I was looking round the BBC site last week trying to find a football score & found out that the 7 or 8 minutes I was searching had cost me €13 !!!

I'm in the situation of having started a new company and have been told to get my phones through the company, so with the above in mind I've been looking around the various sites trying to decide whether to change or not, however, it's all very confusing ... too much choice is not always a good thing !!!

I've been looking at a few of the threads on here today & seen somebody mention using APN instead of WAP as it's cheaper, but I've also seen some stuff about X-series which looks like the business ... so I'm now even more confused than I was before ...

Basically, apart from using my phone as a normal handset, I also want to use the Internet without getting completely robbed !!!

So, if I may ask some advice, what is best to do ? Wait for 3 to release X-series (is this a 3 only option ?) & switch to them ? Stay with Meteor but upgrade to a Pay As You Go package (it looks like GPRS costs are still not included !) ? Got to Vodafone, O2 ?!?!?

I realise that each company has it's pros & cons, some charge more for calls, some for texts, etc., etc., so I don't expect the definitive answer of "What is the best mobile tariff", but a lot of you people look like you know what you are talking about, so a bit of help and advice would be appreciated :) !!!

Thanks in advance,

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you intend on using the internet regularly then going with a data bundle with a billpay/postpay SIM, with either 3, Vodafone, and shortly O2 would probably be the best.

Meteor also have data bundles, but they arent exactly cheap, and they have at best only EDGE 2G services ( 280k peak ) compared to standard 3G ( 380kbps ) or HSDPA ( 3.6mbps on Three, some Vodafone areas, some are still 1.8mbps, and shortly on O2 )

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

JNive wrote:
    if you intend on using the internet regularly then going with a data bundle with a billpay/postpay SIM, with either 3, Vodafone, and shortly O2 would probably be the best.

Meteor also have data bundles, but they arent exactly cheap, and they have at best only EDGE 2G services ( 280k peak ) compared to standard 3G ( 380kbps ) or HSDPA ( 3.6mbps on Three, some Vodafone areas, some are still 1.8mbps, and shortly on O2 )

So what about this X-Series thing from 3, should I not worry about that, is it worth waiting for ?

BTW, we are moving to the Midlands, what is signal / coverage like there for all the networks, should I be concered about that ?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vodkasoda wrote:
    So what about this X-Series thing from 3, should I not worry about that, is it worth waiting for ?

BTW, we are moving to the Midlands, what is signal / coverage like there for all the networks, should I be concered about that ?!?

X-series is out july first, on the N73 and E65 with orb, skype installed etc its €19.99 a month, but will be only available on 3monthly at first. 200mb download amount but unconfirmed.

Worth the wait if works as well as in 3 Uk, 4million using it, won best award lately check this out

Advertisement