Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo advice + Wake on Lan advice

Options
  • 13-06-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Folks,
    Bit of a noob at this - have been reading up but could do with some advice...
    Building a basic system - office stuff, multimedia for me and Photoshop, Premiere Elements, and maybe some more complicated video editing for the woman...
    Have more or less decided on E6320, 1 Gb RAM, possibly 500 Gb Samsung HDD.
    Need help with Mobo - needs to have Firewire, some OC ability (for me if bored during winter), good smattering of usual stuff - USB's etc, plus WOL...
    I'm travelling every few weeks so want to be able to access remotely without leaving the system fully powered up.

So suggestions of not too pricey motherboard welcome (also any advice on WOL compatibilities or pitfalls).

Cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryH99

Folks,
    Should also mention that Komplett guys recommended ABit AB9 Pro (@ €140) and reckons that all 965 chipsets are WOL compatible...

Correct??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

WoL is supported on most motherboards these days. Any P965 will do like the Abit one nothing wrong with that and it has Firewire.

Keep in mind it has only 2 PCI slots and PCI-e x1 cards are a little hard to come by if you plan on using expansion cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryH99

Cheers 8T8 - think I might look for the extra PCI slot alright

Advertisement