Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Update:All sorted! Anyone bought an unimported vehicle?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new on boards, if I could pick your brains on this issue I'd much appreciate it. Bare bones of the story are as follows: an acquaintance of mine brought a t2 vw camper over to Ireland about 10 years ago and never registered it. It was left at a friends property about 8 years ago and needs a lot of work to get back on the road now. The owner of the van said it was free to take away BUT has not got the paperwork to go with it. He now lives over here (the van was registered in the UK) and it seems to be a prerequisite to reside in the UK to reregister a vehicle that is not currently registered. It can't be imported here until it's registered in the UK and we can't change ownership until it's imported over. Anyone any experience in this or advice for me?

Edited to say thanks for reading and sorry if it's too convoluted to follow, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a wild goose chase ;o)

Edited again to say that I contacted the English vehicle reg. crowd and I'll be able to register the van directly to my name without going through the previous owner. The form is downloadable on www.dvla.gov.uk and it's V756 "Application for Certificate of Permanent Export".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sounds like you might need a notary to say that it is yours, then get documentation and then you pay VRT to revenue. That would make sense, but who knows how the bureaucrats will complicate it. Don't think the UK reg matters to revenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭nmk

Cheers ballooba, I got the previous owner to sign a document at the commissioner of oaths saying that he's transferring ownership just so we have that security. Hopefully it should be relatively straightforward to "import" it over once the DVLA registers it to my name. It's the pet project from now on in, we were hoping to have it ready enough to use for oxygen but I doubt it will be even close. :rolleyes:

Advertisement