Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in cold storage, Henry St.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Isn't this the second murder in two years? Last year was that Cork girl on Fr Griffin Rd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sorry guys the Gardi just popped in and denied it...it's those women gossipin again...:rolleyes:
    The Henry St Whisper is an institution in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

She was a fishmonger, and sure 'twas no wonder
    For so were her father and mother before
    And they both wheeled their barrow,
    through streets broad and narrow
    Crying: cockles and Mussels a-live, a-live oh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

snubbleste wrote:
    Gardaí are treating the discovery of a body in a building near Galway city centre as 'suspicious'.

The body was found in a cold storage area at the back of the premises off Henry Street at 2.30pm.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0613/galway.html

What's going on, is this a sign of a growing urban area?
    I live right beside there and this freaks me out!
    lol,what a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Damn, I was a little bit drunk when my father told me about it, and he came out with a great one, somethign about "preserving the evidence" but I'm ****ed if I can remember it. But you get the jist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Latest one i have been told is "that guy found in the freezer was named yesterday................Jack Frost"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its not my plaice to skate over the elveridence here ...but it looks like murder

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

it's the only shop you can buy a decent leg of fish!..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Identified, but details not released. 51 year old male is all the Garda are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Apparently the man in the freezer was a porter shark by the name of Fin. He was a good, decent sole by all accounts and was just in the wrong plaice at the wrong time. He was battered to death. They reckon it could take two days to thaw him out – why not just use the microwave? Sounds like a bit of a cod to me. There’s a freeze on all information until all his school have been notified ach sin scale eile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Turns out it wasn't Murder he's Galway's 1986 Hide and seek Champion lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"A team of up to 50 uniformed gardaí and detectives are now involved in the investigation."

Wow..did'nt realise there was that many based in town!
    Anyone know how big the cold room is and if the owner/leasee might've been aware of its presence?

"believed to be 52-year-old Patrick McCormack from Dublin."

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

a Dublin drug dealer I hear on the ol radio this morn.

Them feckers are always coming down to Galway to chill out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Rumour has it he may have been there for up to 4 years. Maybe he couldn't wait for the Nintendo DS to come out so he came up with an elaborate plan to freeze himself to be awoken when it was out but it didn't go as he planned.
    If they manage to revive him he'll **** himself when he sees what a Wii can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Nice one Littlejp lol best south park episode ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cmcd

Footage of the guy they found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TG4 say that the last time he was seen was in October 2003 and the Garda think he's been there since around early 2004..jeez the amount of times i've gone past that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Imagine if you bought anything from that place in the past few years :eek:

I know hygenicly (sp?) it means nothing, but still, just knowing that yer fish was next to a dead body. Ah sure, if ya werent a cheap4rse and bought fresh fish yer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Yeah, would it have killed you to check a random freezer for a dead guy who'd been there for years?

Talk about inconsiderate.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yeah, would it have killed you to check a random freezer for a dead guy who'd been there for years?

Talk about inconsiderate.. :D
    Fecks sake, dosen't say much for the freshness of the fish if they didn't notice a body in the freezer for 4 years.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Four years FFS!

How did nobody manage to open a freezer full of dead person for four bloody years?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Was there never a stock take done in those four years???

Peter C wrote:
    Was there never a stock take done in those four years???

There was. Obviously it could have been more comprehensive . Someone will get a pollocking for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Newpaper (Tabloid though :rolleyes: ) mentioned that the fish shop re-opened for business today (Or yesterday, cant remember)... CAn't imagine the place getting much business? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That was in the Times, too.

People will probably go in there for the "ghoul" factor for a while; could cause an explosion in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sponge Bob wrote:
    There was. Obviously it could have been more comprehensive . Someone will get a pollocking for this.

Arrgggh!!!! For the love of Cod, no more puns please!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

JohnCleary wrote:
    Newpaper (Tabloid though :rolleyes: ) mentioned that the fish shop re-opened for business today (Or yesterday, cant remember)... CAn't imagine the place getting much business? :eek:

I know the shop supplies mostly trade / restraunts. Its not exactly high street central with the biggest reach to customers.

The guy himself my father knows. Says he's one of the most genuine people he's ever met. As good as gold. It would be sad to see his business go under cause of this (of course assuming he's not involved but I doubt it or they'd have him locked up by now). The locals seemed to be in force to wish him well on the box the last day which im glad to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

So in four years they've never had a proper stock take or clean out.
    Once word gets around, this place is heading for bankruptcy:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Pfft - in fairness im not trying to overly defend the guy but thats a very sweeping statement. Have you ever been in the place? do you know the layout and what is and isnt used on a daily basis for customers / personal usage perhaps? Get real

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement