Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in cold storage, Henry St.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

With the exception of the bit of wit this is a useless topic at this stage. Most people know the connection but nothing can be posted here for legal reasons. So how many of you guys that have already posted on this thread consider yourselves "Galway City" Street Wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

damalo wrote:
    I know the shop supplies mostly trade / restraunts. Its not exactly high street central with the biggest reach to customers.

The guy himself my father knows. Says he's one of the most genuine people he's ever met. As good as gold. It would be sad to see his business go under cause of this (of course assuming he's not involved but I doubt it or they'd have him locked up by now). The locals seemed to be in force to wish him well on the box the last day which im glad to see

! they said they were cleaning it out for hygeine inspection, ? do you reckon they'll pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

sgthighway wrote:
    With the exception of the bit of wit this is a useless topic at this stage. Most people know the connection but nothing can be posted here for legal reasons. So how many of you guys that have already posted on this thread consider yourselves "Galway City" Street Wise?

wtf? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The thing that puzzles me about all this is... why the hell would whoever killed this guy want to keep him in cold storage???
    Surely if you killed someone, you'd dispose of the body by burying it somewhere it would never be found, or getting rid of it in a way that no evidence would be traced back to you.
    Keeping him on ice means the body is preserved with all the evidence on him.

So who had access to the cold store? I heard they were asking locals about a guy who worked locally but hasn't been seen for a while.....

Silly question this, but has it been confirmed that he had actually been murdered, and that it was not just some freak accident?

• Advertisement

Well the guards won't give out details for operational reasons, but they did open a murder inquiry, and they don't usually do that unless they're pretty sure it was murder. If it was a suspicious death they would treet it as such until they determined it was actually murder or something more innocent.

There's also the thing about his hands being bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Afaik, the reason someone would put a body in cold storage is because it makes it very difficult to determine when the person died ... at least thats what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

sgthighway wrote:
    Bit of elaboration on this maybe? You DO know the number of Mill St, yeah?

Proxy wrote:

Some people like to pretend they know more than everyone else, makes them feel more important....
    I'm sure many people are discussing possible suspects, but until the guards actually charge someone its all conjecture. Unless sgthighway is actually a sergeant of course!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Proxy wrote:
    I can't elaborate here but I did ring Mill St. They knew what I knew but you didn't read it in the papers yet.
    I have send another Poster on this Topic here a PM (in confidence) so lets just hold out for the arrest. He can say if my theory was right or wrong. Hopefully we won't be waiting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Afaik, the reason someone would put a body in cold storage is because it makes it very difficult to determine when the person died ... at least thats what I was told.
    Yes, you freeze the body and then let it thaw after maybe six months. That'll put time of death six months off.

There was a case in the states where a guy was kept frozen for 2 years and then tossed by the side of a road to be found. However, it was found too fast - at the autopsy the doc found ice inside the organs.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i always wondered where they get the term 'fish fingers' from...

:eek: :eek:

sgthighway wrote:
    I can't elaborate here but I did ring Mill St. They knew what I knew but you didn't read it in the papers yet.
    I have send another Poster on this Topic here a PM (in confidence) so lets just hold out for the arrest. He can say if my theory was right or wrong. Hopefully we won't be waiting long.
    Fair enough, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A 43-year-old man has appeared in court in Co Galway charged with the murder of the Dublin man, Patrick McCormack, whose body was found in a freezer at the rear of a fish shop in the city last month.

At Oughterard District Court, Edward Griffin, of Cimin Mor, Cappagh Road, Knocknacarra, Galway, was charged with carrying out the murder at Henry Street, Galway, between 1 June and 30 September 2002.

On the morning of 13 June this year, gardaí went to a fish shop on Galway's Henry Street after the owner discovered the body of a man, later identified as Artane man Patrick McCormack, in a cold store at the rear of his premises.

Det Sgt Willie Byrne gave evidence of arresting, charging and cautioning Mr Griffin at Mill Street at 12.15am this morning. He said the accused had made no reply when charged.

Supt Noel Kelly applied to have him remanded in custody to Harristown Court in Castlerea on Friday.

Judge Mary Fahy said that as the charge was one of murder no application for bail could be entertained in the District Court.

Edward Griffin's solicitor, Aidrian MacLynn, said he would be applying to the High Court for bail.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgthighway
    The fish shop is a known spot for a well known Galway Drug Dealer. Cops know it too as well as half of Galway. Don't reply on the forum but his first initial is E. Could be wrong but....you heard it first.

As sent to me by PM a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting to see that Adrian MacLynn has moved his way up to a murder case; isn't he one of the "my client has family problems and has an alcohol problem he was just about to get treatment for and society's been so bad to him" defence solicitors?

biko wrote:
    Yes, you freeze the body and then let it thaw after maybe six months. That'll put time of death six months off.

There was a case in the states where a guy was kept frozen for 2 years and then tossed by the side of a road to be found. However, it was found too fast - at the autopsy the doc found ice inside the organs.

... remind me never to get on your bad side.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fey! wrote:
    Interesting to see that Adrian MacLynn has moved his way up to a murder case; isn't he one of the "my client has family problems and has an alcohol problem he was just about to get treatment for and society's been so bad to him" defence solicitors?
    I believe he does a lot of legal aid work, if that's what you mean.

Whats the latest on this now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its sub judice so shhhhh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement