Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Pricing

Options
  • 13-06-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

In the process of ordering Smart - well one of the guys is as he is moving in and had smart in his other place ( I had NTL but thats getting the bullet ).

Anyway he rang for pricing but he forgot to ask if the prices include VAT.

The girl said 6 Meg is 49.99, 7 Meg is 54.99 and they dont do 8 which I was suprised to hear since Im fairly sure people on here have mentioned 8 Meg in the past with Smart

Anyway, anyone know if those prices are ex Vat or including Vat and also anyone on Smart with 8 meg, never heard anyone mention 7 before?

Cheers JB

Edit: Just checked the Smart Site - have they dropped the standard line back to 3Meg - wasnt it 4? They now say is 40 for a 3 Meg line and an extra 5 to go up 2 meg (which is 5 for 45), and now 50 for 6 - seems like a price increase has occured. Fairly sure when I checked recently it was 45 for 6 Meg)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

more to the point!

does this include line rental .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    more to the point!

does this include line rental .

yes.
    New Packages as follows :

3MB/256K – €39.18 – plus all local and national calls €44.18

5MB/384K - €44.18 – Plus all local and National Calls €49.18

6MB/512K - €49.18 – Plus all local and national calls €54.18

7MB/640K - €54.18 – Plus all local and national calls €59.18

All including Line Rental

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53387405&postcount=14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes, their prices do include VAT and should also include the line rental.

Smart have recently changed their packages - the 4MB has dropped to 3MB. Possibly due to there being so many people having lines not capable of anything over 3MB. Or being cynical, just plain cost cutting

They have also reduced the speeds of the other packages - 6 -> 5 and 8 -> 7

It would appear that existing customers are staying as they are. I'm still on 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thanks guys!

Its dearer then ntl but I'll take it! Lets hope if they do have to increase costs for new customers its not a sign they are in difficulty again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I am currently on their 6MB package for €44.99 p/m. I took advantage of an on-line offer to up-grade by 2MB's for an additional €5.

I am very happy with the service from ST.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks guys!

Its dearer then ntl but I'll take it! Lets hope if they do have to increase costs for new customers its not a sign they are in difficulty again

Yes but the stress levels are not the same at all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

yip. ive been dreaming of another isp for a while!

Advertisement