Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up digital audio out on Abit I-F90HD

Options
  • 13-06-2007 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I've just built a new HTPC and one thing I haven't been able to do is to get the optical audio out working on my Abit Fatal1ty I-F90HD mobo.

I basically just ran an optical cable from the mobo into my Yamaha RX-V 361 receiver but couldn't get a signal through the amp, so am just working off a single analogue phone cable pair at the moment.

I looked through all the audio options and properties (in Vista Ultimate) I could find and didn't see any that clearly let me say I want optical out instead of analogue out. I think there was a 'Set Default Device' option, but it didn't change anything, and when I clicked on Realtek Digital Optical Out in the properties menu it went back to Speakers Out next time I checked it.

I did manage to get a sound test working through the AV receiver via the optical out from the sound tests on the Realtek menu, but couldn't get any other sounds to play through the optical at all. I guess I'd better setup a separate thread on this issue as I don't want to sidetrack your thread too much.

My head is truly melted trying to figure this out so any help is much appreciated ;)

Advertisement