Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History (H) - General Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't think it's surprising that the same things came up again. The pattern has been emerging that they repeat questions whenever a new sylabus is being examined. The most recent example I can think of Biology and then English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

yeah i suppose...But really, did ANYONE study the 1885 elections? Or did i get off lightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

We all got off lightly. ;)

Ha definitely!

Although , if it did come up, 50/100 could have been possible

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I lightly studied the Elections, just incase. I was prepared for it if it was to come up anyway.

• Advertisement

i didnt kno anything on it....so glad the gaa came up. Lock out wouldnt have been bad either.

On the 40 marker i mainly wrote about poltics and IRB influence. It was basically the mocks Q jus worded differently

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

yeah i suppose...But really, did ANYONE study the 1885 elections? Or did i get off lightly?
    I knew Gladstone became prime minister on the 30th of January 1886....and he introduced the first home rule bill on the 6th of april....and I knew what the bill was.......and that was it.

Haha Wouldve been tough getting 40 on that alone!

How did everyone fare on the gaa anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Haha Wouldve been tough getting 40 on that alone!

How did everyone fare on the gaa anyway?
    Meh.Decently enough.Bout a page on a half and I focused almost solely on 3 main difficulties:

(1)Oppositon from unionists
    (2)Michael Cusack
    (3)IRB influence

Also threw something bout the parnellite split into the last paragraph.It wasn't a great answer......but i'd still be hoping for at least 30 out of the 40 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Opposition from unionists???

Mine was essentially just about how the IRB fúcked them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mainly about how the GAA was messed about by the IRB. Then explained how they dealt with it. Also included the Parnell affair case in the last paragraph. with a bit of luck, maybe 40/40 for it. 5 paragraphs in total, just about 2 pages.

For the rest of it, it was mainly ok. Apart from that character of Parnell one. Did nothing on it really, wanted to tear into the contextualisation q. Nice, easy to read documents, questions good apart from the third section of it.

Yep pretty much same....jus waffled how you could tell he was nationalist really.Ha

As for the contextualisation, mainly IRB influence, inner quarrellings(thurles, Fitzgerald/Fr.Scanlon) and Parnellite split. Mentioned failed american invasion also...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I thought it was a decent enough paper, although the Irish section was a bit rough. Doubt I will get many marks there.
    The Nazi question was lovely though, I would be aiming for around 80-85 marks in that section.
    The American section was nice aswell, although I had to waffle alot with very basic information about the Montgomery Bus Boycott and Martin Luther King's influence and the increasing popularity of Malcolm X and the "Black Panthers"

Along with the documents and research project I would be aiming for a C3 really.

Yeah RSR helps alot i think...Imagine instead doing 5 q's in 3h 40m:eek:

Yeah RSR helps alot i think...Imagine instead doing 5 q's in 3h 40m:eek:

Yeah, I think without the research topic there would have been a distinct possibility of a fail for me anyways.

yeah haha.

But a good Report and a good docs q almost get you a pass. pick up marks on tthe others and you got your honour!

Yeah a C grade would be ideal for me now, I wanted a B but my lack of study has ruled that out anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 looloo27

was abdoult;y gutted with history. hoping 4 an a1 will only get a c now. I didnt have wilhelm learned i no it was stupid but it was the only case study i had left out. i felt that they did everything possible to try to catch us out. I was such a mess in the exam that i spent an hour on q1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

looloo27 wrote:
    I didnt have wilhelm learned i no it was stupid but it was the only case study i had left out. i felt that they did everything possible to try to catch us out.
    Practically every case study that came up last year was up again this year. What makes this worse is the general lack of choice on most questions. Whoever put the paper together didn't do themselves any favours by putting on those manky Woodrow Wilson and Wilfred Owen questions.
    I'd say I did fairly well but I agree with Sean Delap about the paper being unfair. The Department seem to love stirring up shít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

The American question on Montgomery was a gem! I thought Ireland was a bit tough, was counting on something more relevant to the Treaty. I did Anglo-Irish relations though, which was fine. Horrible datespan but it meant I didn't have to know too much about anything. D&D Nazi question was lovely but The Jarrow March? Our teacher wrote a sample essay on that and we all laughed at her. It became a running joke that the Dept. could be mean enough to put it on. Gave me a laugh in my exam! I was hoping for GAA on docs so it was grand. Talked about IRB, the split etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement