Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging on Problems !!!

Options
  • 13-06-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi guys,

hows it going, dont know if you can help me but i have a bit of a problem logging on from my laptop computer, it says i have been banned for PM'ing people personal abuse, which i obviously haven't, i have no other problem logging on from any where else though ???

seems a bit strange, the only thing i can think is that the laptop is used by a good few people and maybe one of them was banned ???

anyways if ya can do anything it would be much appreciated

cheers

freddie
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just clear your internet cookies, and it should sort it out. Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete in firefox, or go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files in internet explorer. Hope this helps.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What was your previous account name and I'll check.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If you tell DeV he'll be sure to sort this out quickly for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 The Scrapper

i can access the page now alright by clearing the cookies but i can't log on .... when i try to log in it says I entered the wrong password,

Dev, I dont have a previous acc. there is i'm sure othwer accounts accessed from this comp. ( well, not any more ) because I am now the sole owner.

Also i am interested in setting up my own forum thingy for Arsenal supporters as I know there is not one already set up, is this possible and how do I go about it ???

Cheers Freddie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Try the lost password page and boards will send you out a link to reset your password to a series of digits so that you can re-log in to.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/login.php?do=lostpw

Forum requests are to be posted in the 'Forums' forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461)

;)

• Advertisement

Hey,

Ok i have got a new password sent out but it still wont let me log on from that computer....hmmmmm

I can still log onto my computer at work and the desktop at home, just not the laptop....

anyone help me out.... this is wrecking my head

I am a regular boards lurker, but dont post in too many threads but when I want to I have to use another computer aaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhh :(

any other help mucho appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Laptop, what browser version?
    Do you have another browser on the lappy? Will that work?

Go to option in browser and try resetting everything to default.

What message do you get, word for word, when you can't log in?

this is wat comes up on the screen

"You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 0 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Have you typed out the password in notepad (plaintext). Perhaps the keyboard settings are different on your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

this is wat comes up on the screen

"You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 0 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes."
    Laptop, what browser version?
    Do you have another browser on the lappy? Will that work?

Go to option in browser and try resetting everything to default.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have tried setting everything to default but still no joy, I still cant log in from the laptop :(

I have internet explorer and firefox on the computer if thats wat you mean by browser.

The laptop is a dell inspiron 6400

thanks again

Advertisement