Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Pajero junior model differences

Options
  • 13-06-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Ok so im looking at buying a pajero junior, one of very few cars that are alright that i can get insured in, so anyway ive been loooking at a few, first of all, the one with the wood finish dash , is that a special model or was it just an option when you were buying, also whats that mad compass and square display thing on the dash top ????

ohh and can they be insured and taxed as commercial vehicles ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No idea about your other questions, but that "mad compass thing" is just that ...a compass and the other yoke shows you the degree of tilt that you have horizontally or vertically (driving up/down a steep hill or traversing one it gives you a degree reading).
    Kinda like an "artificial horizon" in a plane ...just a lot more pointless :D

Those things were "cool" and the must-have in offroaders some time in the eighties, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

artificial horison, is it the same brown and blue colour scheme as on an aircraft ? ok that sounds sweeeeettt.pointless yes, but sweeet,,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't know about the colour scheme now ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You do know what 'pajero' means in Spanish ? :D;)
    (It's not called the Shogun in some markets for no reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Is it called Shogun in Spain? Imagine telling the Spaniards to buy a w***er:D . Thats even worse than Toyota who only got rid of the 'bitch' recently from our shores.

Why would you want to buy a 'Junior w***er' for :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You do know what 'pajero' means in Spanish ? :D;)
    (It's not called the Shogun in some markets for no reason)
    I sure do know what it means. I enjoy a chuckle every time a see one.

"There goes the pajero driving his pajero!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Funnily enough it's not called the Pajero in Spain or Latin America,
    it's the Montero.

http://www.mitsubishi.es/models/montero/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

peasant wrote:
    No idea about your other questions, but that "mad compass thing" is just that ...a compass and the other yoke shows you the degree of tilt that you have horizontally or vertically (driving up/down a steep hill or traversing one it gives you a degree reading).
    Kinda like an "artificial horizon" in a plane ...just a lot more pointless :D

Those things were "cool" and the must-have in offroaders some time in the eighties, I think.

It's called an 'inclinometer' and it is actually a very useful tool, for anyone who offroads. If you know the tilt angles of your vehicle (the point at which it will topple over) you can use the inclinometer to help you avoid rolling the vehicle..... For example, my old Series landrover would topple at approx 55 degrees, so I'd have my co-driver/winch-bitch watch my inclinometer when offroading, to tell me when to back off before rolling it when we'd reach about 65-60 degrees on the side of a slope. Of course, it wasn't always used, but there were a couple of 'softly, softly' moments when it came in dead handy.

Now, look at the track and wheelbase of a Jnr Pajero, relative to the height of the vehicle..... Bearing in mind that the Jnr is a decent enough soft-roader, do you think anyone might use an inclinometer in something like that? I think so. In some peoples books it might be a fashion accessory but it's a useful tool in the right vehicle and with the right user.

Advertisement