Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN access on Clearwire

Options
  • 13-06-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Currently have Clearwire. I need to be able to use my VPN (Cisco software VPN Client), but it seems that Clearwire have possibly the port blocked. Im am currently using a 3com wireless router. Can anyone advise me how I can get this to work?

By the way, the laptop is locked down, so I cant add on specific DNS settings via the TCP/IP (Properties option is un-selectable)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

change from tcp to udp or vice versa in the vpn client settings for your connection

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks SpongeBob. Whats the difference?

one may get through the clearwire blocking , did it work ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Zseek

I spent the better part of 2 nights trying to get a VPN-esque connection going using SocksCap v2.

No dice. Pretty sure they locked it down pretty tight. If you can get it to work I'd be mighty interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Have you forwarded ports on your router? I've configured serveral home routers (mostly Linksys, Belkin and Dlink unfortunitly) because they had problems connecting through vpn's. The clients involved were AT&T and Cisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi all,

The UDP connection worked straight away. Ive an issue with my own login authentication, but it got to the authentication stage, where as it was failing to reach this previously.

I didnt forward ports, main reason, the router does sometimes get used with a different provider, and more importantly, not sure how to do it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Send Clearwire an email with the IP addresses you are connecting to and the port numbers the VPN client users, they then can ensure you get a good connection by making some changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Oh . . . and have a nice day !! :D

ZEN

Send Clearwire an email with the IP addresses you are connecting to and the port numbers the VPN client users, they then can ensure you get a good connection by making some changes.

They can easily unblock vpn ports like port 10000 which is used by cisco vpn but they should tell their customers they block these ports instead of wasting their customers time .

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

I recently had a smiliar issue with Clearwire getting Citrix to work. I said I would go with them IF they could get it to work. And then they rang me and asked ME to ring them back with port numbers. No chance, thats their job in my opinion.

I then got an invoice even though I had not agreed to take up their offer.

Gary

• Advertisement

debt collectors for you next mate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DubGF wrote:
    I recently had a smiliar issue with Clearwire getting Citrix to work. I said I would go with them IF they could get it to work. And then they rang me and asked ME to ring them back with port numbers. No chance, thats their job in my opinion.

I then got an invoice even though I had not agreed to take up their offer.

Gary
    Er.. no.
    RDP can be reconfigured to use different ports. You do need to tell them.

Though really no ISP should block outside of 135 to 139.

Nor should they be using a private IP for clients (like some 3G suppliers do).

Advertisement