Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any internet cafes in blanchardstown?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

Duno if this the right section to post this, but does anyone know of any internet cafes in the blanchardstown area?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Chartbusters acorss the road from the Greyhound pub. Bit pricey mind. Dont go near the one in the retail pk at the centre, they have some awful browser dont know what it is.

Can also use them in the Leisureplex and the library, and some inside the centre which can be dodgy. The library has youtube, bebo and a few others blocked. Plex is expensive, the library is free.

Oh yeah, and alot of the library staff are <SNIP>. Particularly that <SNIP>.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chartbusters - Main St. Blanchardstown
    Bit pricey, but good facilities, printing and faxing and stuff like that.

Church Ave, Blanchardstown
    There's a little internet cafe here, seen it passing a few times but never went in so I don't know about prices or such. I think it's run by the same crowd who own the hair salon beside it.

Clonsilla Road, Blanchardstown
    This is in the grocery store beside the dentist on the Clonsilla Road. Been in once and thought it was ok. PC's are a bit close together though.

Leisureplex, Blanchardstown Centre
    One euro for ten minutes is so not worth it, it's 6 euro for an hour. There's no sound, no MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger installed, you can't even type up word documents. It really is internet only. Crap, wouldn't even bother paying the euro to get into the place to use the computers!! They're always breaking down and if you don't act quickly and alert staff you will lose your money, because more than likely the time will run out before a manager can see to it. No printing facilities. You have to put in one euro coins ONLY and it's very noisey!

Other than that, the library, which I've never used!

There's an internet cafe in the 3G store in the retail park where Smyths is but I think it's a bit pricey also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

Cheers guys, I didnt think of charbusters (d'oh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chartbuster-guy

hi guys , im a member of staff of chartbusters.
    ye , we do have an internet cafe, we charge 3 euro an hour, roughly 10-15 mins wud be a euro, we dont own any hair salons from the guy down below, we own tanning beds and vibro plates .

any other questions email me .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There is an internet cafe below Monster music in Coolmine Ind estate, not far from the shopping centre.

EDIT: just realised this is a really old thread...it appears to have arisen from the dead, like Lazarus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chartbuster-guy

haha that wud be my doing :)

jus tryin to help out as best as i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thanks guys!

Am looking for one myself, have a calender for my Mammy to print as the recession XMas gift.

I'll try the one under Monster Music place. Am in the library and they don't do colour printing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Also one in Hunstown shopping centre if you can call it that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's a lot of kiosks popping up in the blanch SC now too. Some new ones in behind BBs next to the small tom Stanleys by HMV. Also 4 of them outside mannings bakery downstairs outside Dunnes / Currys area.

I'm not sure on price / quality. They're run by eircom I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

free internet acces in blanchardstown library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Do you not have to pre-book that?

Is there wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

by the way monster music closed as far as i know so im not too sure if the internet cafe is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

bump. Any newer / better internet cafes around Blanch ?

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

As stated above there is Free Internet Access available in Blanchardstown Library.

If you wish to use the computers in the Library you will need to join as a member. Becoming a member of the library is a simple procedure - all you need is proof of your address (eg. Utility Bill, driving Licence, etc.).

Once you are a member of the library you can prebook a PC for use or you can check availability on arrival at the Library.

Blanchardstown Library's opening hours are:
    Mon-Thurs 10am - 8.30pm
    Fri-Sat 10am - 5pm

Phone 890 5563 for more info.

Still available in Chartbusters in Blanch village too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 girlafraid

well, if you like your net access cheap - you can;t beat the one in the Mace sho at the bottom of the clonsilla road.
    im sure its 1e per hr,
    also equator trading, in huntstown shops, is pretty good.
    anywhere else, imho, is a bit of a rip-off.
    (i discovered these when pc world had my laptop for 40 days! - more days and i would have been entitled to a new one- and its still broken grrrrr).

Monster Music is closed down its replaced by The Blanchardstown school of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Monster Music is closed down its replaced by The Blanchardstown school of music.

What's the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Any update on places where a man could use the internet with access to a printer?

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

Any update on places where a man could use the internet with access to a printer?

Free Internet Access available in Blanchardstown Library.

If you wish to use the computers in the Library you will need to join as a member. Becoming a member of the library is a simple procedure - all you need is proof of your address (eg. Utility Bill, driving Licence, etc.).

Membership can be signed up for online (www.fingal.ie) - under "Community & Leisure" tab or sign up for membership in the Library.

Once you are a member of the library you can prebook a PC for use or you can check availability on arrival at the Library.

Blanchardstown Library's opening hours are:
    Mon-Thurs 10am - 8.00pm
    Fri-Sat 10am - 5pm

Phone 890 5563 for more info

Printing cost is 20c a sheet

Advertisement