Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premade characters...

• 13-06-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Does anyone know a place online where I can see some premade characters? I'm just kinda getting into RPG's and I'm really bad at making up some aspects of my characters like personality and backgrounds. Does anyone know where I can see some premade sheets to get me started? Im not looking to steal/copy other peoples characters, I just want to see the kind of stuff other people do. My characters are usually non-combat orientated.

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What system? If you like I could give you some of my characters to look at, assuming tis a system I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Some system non-specific suggestions:

Are you ok at the other aspects of character creation?

Take a good look at where you spent your points, or (if you're an oldskool D&D type) what your characters stats randomly rolled up as. Use them as the basis of your character's background. People aren't born with a high level of martial arts, or fast-talking, or strength, or whatever, they had to pick them up somewhere. Find somewhere in the game's setting, or make up a series of events, where learning some of those skills would be possible for your character. Is your character really well-read? What university did he go to? Does he suffer from nightmares (so you could get back some points to spend elsewhere)? What's the cause of those nightmares? Look at the numbers, and try to find a reason for them being as high or as low as they are. Low stats can be great fun to roleplay...

Look at your character's relationship with other characters in your group too. How long have you known those people? How did you meet them? What have you learned off eachother in that time? How do you feel about their strengths and weaknesses? What are their goals? What are YOUR goals for that matter? Do your goals coincide with any other player's? Do they outright oppose any players?

All of that should give you a few ideas to colour your own character's personality in, give them a reason for doing what they do, for feeling how they feel.

If all else fails, just make it up as you go along, ignoring any contradictions. Everyone loves a compulsive liar, especially GM's... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Kewl thanks for your help :) I've been involved in a shadowrun and world of darkness game, I'm not really into D&D though.

Advertisement