Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish on BB

Options
  • 13-06-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

something thats kinda annoying me right now.

just caught a little BB a few nights ago when seany( i think??) went into the house, i thought nice to see an irish lad in there that seems a bit of craic. makes it a bit more viewable me thinks.

then tonight it turns out hes gay. talkin bout wat kind of men he goes for and the like. now i couldnt give a sh*t wat he makes love to to be honestly. it could be a sock monster for all i care but wats the story with BB and irish ppl.

Do you have to be gay, lesbean or a witch/magician if your irish an want to be in with a chance to go in. or is it the english takin the piss?

Its the same with the daily mail(biggest anti irish pro british paper published) today sayin that irish people are the ugliest in the world.

i really think they take the piss.

discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We had the super-normal Spiral - dont forget Spiral...

Thats Spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

and ray shah

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Archimedes wrote:
    We had the super-normal Spiral - dont forget Spiral...

Thats Spiral.

Please let that be sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

I hear what you're saying, but in fairness Brian and Anna are two of the best BB characters ever. Sound and entertaining - they are gay and they represented us brilliantly.

I don't like Seany at all though. I reckon our stock is way down due to his presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I think you're taking Big Brother too seriously! I wouldn't say that the housemates are good representatives for any country and they're not really meant to be. And if they were what's wrong with gay people representing the country anyway? I didn't watch Big Brother in the first few series so I don't know what the other Irish housemates mentioned were like, but Bryan always comes across like a nice guy during interviews.
    Besides I think Seany is growing on everyone. He is at least providing entertainment.
    I really don't think it's all an 'English Conspiracy' anyway. Big Brother just want the most attention seeking people they can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

"F...I...N...G...L...A..S

You're so sexy."

And they say Lennon was a lyrical genius. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I agree that Anna, Brian and Ray were very good representations of Irish people and diversity. If anything you could say that having gay and lesbian Irish people on BB showed the British that we are every bit as forward thinking as they are (hopefully moreso :)) and that we are not shackled and sexually repressed by the Catholic Church any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Faerie wrote:
    I really don't think it's all an 'English Conspiracy' anyway.
    Of course it's a conspiracy.......oh, and all Portuguese are Trannies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

and all welsh are fat moany sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

omg i totally agree with this!!!i said that when he went in!!!!in ANY english programme the irish people are gypsys,gay or unbeliveable freaks!!ive nothing wrong with gay people btw my brother is gay but i just mean that not all irish men are gay!contrary to english belief there are a few normal people in this country!!!!

• Advertisement

flynnser19 wrote:
    omg i totally agree with this!!!i said that when he went in!!!!in ANY english programme the irish people are gypsys,gay or unbeliveable freaks!!ive nothing wrong with gay people btw my brother is gay but i just mean that not all irish men are gay!contrary to english belief there are a few normal people in this country!!!!

How do you define normal? If everyone is and individual with different personalities and characteristics, surely everyone is different and therefore the word normal cannot be used to describe a group of human beings. Do you disagree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I don't think she meant to get into a serious argument with you about that.
    You just seem like you're trying to be a bit supercilious about it!

Perhaps Big Brother keeps choosing gay Irish people as they've been the most out-going and attention seeking in the interview processes?
    I doubt it's intentional!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i admit i usually cringe when the Irish housemate is introduced but i gotta ask how many of the people in the BB house do you guys actually consider normal?

its not just the Irish representatives, they are almost all freaks and unfortunatley as there is usually only 1 irish person in the house we are quite likely to be represented by a freak.

I don't think she meant to get into a serious argument with you about that.
    You just seem like you're trying to be a bit supercilious about it!

Perhaps Big Brother keeps choosing gay Irish people as they've been the most out-going and attention seeking in the interview processes?
    I doubt it's intentional!

Who was arguing? I was only asking a simple question. And I'm in no way supercilious, the fact that you used an exclamation mark at the end of that sentence, shows that you are the one who is disapproving and feels that you are better than me.
    I was merely enquiring on her definition of the word normal, since in many people's opinion, normal is a word that can not be used to describe a person, as everyone differs.
    Please don't use these forums to start arguments, the users who frequent these boards enjoy the stimulating and intellectual conversation and if you have a problem with that, there are plenty of BB boards where you can talk crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ok i dont disagree with that but ya know what i mean???the basic thing is irish pepole are portrayed as freaks no deep meaning behind it or anything thats it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

flynnser19 wrote:
    ok i dont disagree with that but ya know what i mean???the basic thing is irish pepole are portrayed as freaks no deep meaning behind it or anything thats it!!!

I really don't think that English people really believe that all Irish people are exactly the same as the Irish housemates on Big Brother. Do you think that the other English housemates are the same as all English people?
    Big Brother picks contestants who are 'different', they don't set out to persuade England that Irish people are 'freaks'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

Faerie wrote:
    I really don't think that English people really believe that all Irish people are exactly the same as the Irish housemates on Big Brother. Do you think that the other English housemates are the same as all English people?
    Big Brother picks contestants who are 'different', they don't set out to persuade England that Irish people are 'freaks'.
    You're right. On the BB Forums they're well aware that BB goes for zany now, no matter what your nationality. Though, I think they wish we'd have our own BB and stop hijacking theirs! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Makes a change from them hijacking our stuff ;)

llester wrote:
    You're right. On the BB Forums they're well aware that BB goes for zany now, no matter what your nationality. Though, I think they wish we'd have our own BB and stop hijacking theirs! :D

I was gonna start a fight with the person who posted that comment on the C4 forums, but then rememebered, I have to behave so refrained from doing so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement