Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL at History

Options
  • 13-06-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Like what the hell was that exam all about? It was disastrous. My exams were going quite well until 2 o clock today. I think I got 50-55 %, being very optimistic, I know i didnt fail but I need more than a d.

The GAA was superb.

Anyone hear sean delap on 606, he was outraged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Did history in 2002, what came up today that was so disastrous for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The choice was so limited.

The choice was so limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Does anyone know if it was one person or more than one who made the exam?
    And then what their names are because I really feel like hurting them if I don't get what they want in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In what way was Séan Delap outraged? Cos none of his precious predictions came up? If you look at the past/smaple papers, it says based on 2006 paper, so predicting it was going to be hard. Unfortunately, I only saw this a few hours before the exam.

• Advertisement

He said that he would have trouble doing this paper. He also pointed out that the exam is too hard of leaving cert students. He did and im not making this up hinted at a less fussy marking scheme. The main complaint was choice or more accurately lack of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It wasn't all that bad. Sure, not everything I wanted came up, but I'd understudied.

Seán Delap didn't look too unhappy after the exam IMO(Teaches the other class in my school)

I'd love a less fussy marking scheme, wouldnt be opposed to that idea. Apart from the similarities to last year, it wasnt overly hard...had you covered the stuff like your supposed to. What sort of history teacher is he if he's saying he couldnt do it? I havent heard one person say they didnt finish the exam on time, just the quality of their work might not have been what they wanted.

I was shocked when I didn't see the Balkans, actually in a rather funny incident it was in the section above and I was delighted. I wrote a page on it and then realised it was nothing to do with what I had to do. It felt like the world was crashing all around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Mushy wrote:
    I havent heard one person say they didnt finish the exam on time, just the quality of their work might not have been what they wanted.
    I didn't finish the exam on time, and had to resort to using bullet points in my conclusion of my sovietisation/berlin airlift question.So there!

• Advertisement

Well that brings up the sum-total to 1 person then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm thinking now that my Nazi question might have been shít....

I got the exam finished, but not comfortably. Like every exam, I write as much as I can in every question in a time period(35 mins this time) and go back at the end, sometimes having to conclude it really fast, other times being able to write a lot more.

This time, I had to finish my Pearse essay and even moreso my Nazi essay a bit abruptly, which means I was under time pressure to a certain extent.

I didnt want to leave out of pure principle. I spend the last 20 minutes playing with my calculator counting up my estimated points.

You can give yourself 40 mins per essay in this exam. Or should I say, you could have:p? 45 mins for Document, 40 mins per essay, then that gives 5 mins at the end to look over. Did just that myself today, all fine. I know I only really finished with 3 mins left, but I was actually comfortable with the timing luckily enough. If I didnt do 9 paragraphs on my last essay, I would have had about 8 minutes, which I knew I'd be bored in, so might aswell get some extra marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Another History thread, anyway, I agree with JC_2K3, it wasn't lack of knowledge that stopped me doing well, it was time, as it always has been in history. I know they extended the exam, but if you get an akward question, that's minus 5 minutes planning it out in essence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I was shocked when I didn't see the Balkans, actually in a rather funny incident it was in the section above and I was delighted. I wrote a page on it and then realised it was nothing to do with what I had to do. It felt like the world was crashing all around me.
    Lol I was almost going to answer that question as well since I didn't know any of the Nation States questions. I was even looking at other questions they asked such as the founding of the EEC, and I was going to use my women in the workforce essay (nation states) for one of the other questions on women throughout the 60s and 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Like what the hell was that exam all about? It was disastrous. My exams were going quite well until 2 o clock today. I think I got 50-55 %, being very optimistic, I know i didnt fail but I need more than a d.

The GAA was superb.

Anyone hear sean delap on 606, he was outraged.
    yesss someone else who hated it!!! I'd say I passed but no questions I liked came up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Lots of people hated it. Check out the other threads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lets try keep a single thread per topic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement