Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odour eaters

• 13-06-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I wear runners all the time and got new ones recently mostly because the old ones stinked. My new runners stink already though with this hot weather.

Do odour eaters work? What other things should I try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try tea tree powder. Works for me.
    And take your shoes off as often as you can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

those bounce sheets you get for clothes dryers would work as well, whenever my shoes start to smell terrible I just stick one of these in each shoe for the night and when I wake up in the morning.. while they're not exactly rosy, they are nowhere near as bad as they were before I went to sleep.

bounce sheets also work for de-smelling rooms, just leave a couple of them around the room over night and you will notice such a difference in the morning... gets rid of any smell nearly, smoke, bo, cat urine.. providing of course that there isn't something coming in and adding to the stench every half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Mordeth wrote:
    those bounce sheets you get for clothes dryers would work as well, whenever my shoes start to smell terrible I just stick one of these in each shoe for the night and when I wake up in the morning.. while they're not exactly rosy, they are nowhere near as bad as they were before I went to sleep.

bounce sheets also work for de-smelling rooms, just leave a couple of them around the room over night and you will notice such a difference in the morning... gets rid of any smell nearly, smoke, bo, cat urine.. providing of course that there isn't something coming in and adding to the stench every half hour.

*makes note*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rubber Johnny

The Odour eaters are ok for a while but have to be washed regularly or they just add to the problem. Theres Scholl foot Deodorant in a pink bottle that works fairly well. Two pairs of socks is good too. Where would you get tea tree powder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can get it in health food stores, I got mine in Healthwise on Abbeygate street

http://www.thursdayplantation.com/Product%20Sites/FootPowder100g.htm

• Advertisement

Cheers biko, do you put it on shoes of feet? Lash it on good and thick or is a small bit enough. Always found powders tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I might use tea tree powder with odour eaters.

Where can I get odour eaters rather than just a normal shoe store? Would lifestyle sports or elverys have them I wonder?

Most pharmacys have lots of variations of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Lush do a foot powder that has tea tree in it and I also put it straight into my shoes and that helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Scholl do shoe spray or shoe powder. Most chemists, even some supermarkets stock those type of things.

Wash feet every day and change socks every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement