Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Phone On Internet??

• 13-06-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Has anyone used their 3 Pay Monthly phone To connect to the internet on a PC using their handset as a modem???? I'm wondering is it like a local call and the longer I'm on, my monthly minutes will drop or would their be a separate charge for data packet sending & receiving. Three don't seem to have a clue and tell me i can't connect to the net on my phone, WHICH I CAN. If anyone has done this before could you let us know is it mad expensive?... Cheers.

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Has anyone used their 3 Pay Monthly phone To connect to the internet on a PC using their handset as a modem???? I'm wondering is it like a local call and the longer I'm on, my monthly minutes will drop or would their be a separate charge for data packet sending & receiving. Three don't seem to have a clue and tell me i can't connect to the net on my phone, WHICH I CAN. If anyone has done this before could you let us know is it mad expensive?... Cheers.

Any info is much appreciated.

But do you have the mobile broadband add-on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 [NOG]ph0rce

I didn't know what that meant, i thought Mobile Broadband was viewing pages on your phone??? Not by using your phone as a modem on the PC.

So i didn't buy the add on.:)

I didn't know what that meant, i thought Mobile Broadband was viewing pages on your phone??? Not by using your phone as a modem on the PC.

So i didn't buy the add on.:)

Since you're on billpay, you should have the add-on to use the phone-as-modem. If you don't, I'd imagine use of same is costing you a fortune. You should check your balance -well, right now on My3 and then again before and after use of your phone as modem. If you've been using it much, then perhaps you might prepare yourself for a shock. Hopefully not.

Then -I recommend the unlimited broadband add-on or else wait for X-series (allegedly) at the end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 [NOG]ph0rce

I check MY3 and there was no change in the Minutes or Current spend and i was on for about 15-20 mins, But cheers for the info man, Get yourself a job at Three, LOL:)

I check MY3 and there was no change in the Minutes or Current spend and i was on for about 15-20 mins, But cheers for the info man, Get yourself a job at Three, LOL:)

But what have you been surfing on it? Are you sure you don't have some sort of data allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm a bit confused. you shouldn't have been able to access the internet unless you had the add-on. if you try to go to a website on the phone and you don't have an add-on it redirects you to a page where you can buy it. the same should happen when its plugged into a computer.

its not charged by the minute, its charged by the mega byte and if you don't have the add-on, 3 have no facility to charge you for it. you might be getting it for free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i find its takes about a day for the 'current spend' to show in my3,, for example sending a text to premium short code, the cost wont show straight away

any chance something there now? only other thing i can think of was the old mb packages before the broadband add-ons. where u cld buy for a day, week, month or free 0.5mb a day. probably wrong but remember buying one of these?

davton wrote:
    i find its takes about a day for the 'current spend' to show in my3,, for example sending a text to premium short code, the cost wont show straight away

Current spend is usually updated in real-time for voice and ordinary SMS. Data is usually updated at 00:10 every 24 hours. Other things may be irregular owing to the need for the holders of the premium service to apply their charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thats what i was meaning,, just not as well put!!!

why is he not being charged then, has he checked it since

Advertisement