Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practical jokes wanted

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

PM me.

Need original, outrageous ideas on a big scale. MUST BE LEGAL(ISH).

Oh, and I need to lay my hands on a rocket. And to resort to basics: what's the best type of soap to use in large fountains?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

one of the best things for fountains - not that I'd know - is concrete dye and Plasticiser, you can get a huge range of colours, does permanently stain tho

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That sounds really legal and non costly to clean up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Best practical joke I know of is to find a girl at a nightclub, have sex with her, but don't use any protection, then give her a fake name and number and hope she gets pregnant. No wait, that's evil. But on the other hand very funny!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Try pouring a full bottle of washing up liquid into the cistern of a toilet and then just wait for someone to flush:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Please don't post ideas here that could lead to legal proceedings for criminal damage or personal injuries. I suppose that kills most of the really "big" practical jokes but let's limit it to resonably clean fun so that the thread doesn't have to be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Smash a lot of glass up and sprinkle in the driveway. Drive the persons car around the corner.

Works a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Knowing who you were intending to play the joke on would be helpful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dec McC wrote:
    Try pouring a full bottle of washing up liquid into the cistern of a toilet and then just wait for someone to flush:D

In the kettle is much more fun. Also put something they need in a place they never go near. e.g. Hide the remote in a bedside cabinet of the spare bedroom or something. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Oooh, replace their shampoo with immac or some hair-removal cream. Or freeze a can of shaving foam, then cut it open and place the frozen foam somewhere like their bed, car, or sock drawer and it expands massively as it warms up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mac1970

The best thing i ever done was when i was a chef.I got some lovely chilli peppers(hot as holy hell) and rubbed them on the toilet paper in the girls lavs and waited for the screams.It was absolutely priceless:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

ooow best one i read somewhere went along the lines of getting your mates to dress up in hard hats and reflective jackets, get some cones and close the entrance to someones house, or getting overalls and getting biohazard wrote on them and seal of somes house, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

a good few years ago, i was working in the warehouse of a communications firm. We kept those polystyrene chips for packaging goods, we would have huge bags of them.
    So we filled up the bosses car (he was game for a laugh), and i mean really filled it, started pouring the stuff in the doors,then closed the doors and poured the chips in thru' the sunroof. You could close the sunroof with the keyfob, so the car was absolutely stuffed with the things.
    Was worth the hours of cleaning the damned stuff up afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

Here's what i can see as being the ultimate practical prank, or as the most funny ""injureless"" crime anyway!

What you need:
    A toilet.
    Hydrogen Peroxide.
    Sodium Iodide.

The Job:
    Put some sodium iodide in the bowl of the toilet.
    Empty some hydrogen peroxide in the toilet refill tank.

The Effect:
    As someone comes along to flush the toilet it will start bubbling foam then fill the whole bathroom with it's foaminess of Doom.
    It's a prank and a half!

Recently witnessed on Brainiac Science Abuse (UK Science Programme with a twist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Draw a huge penis on grass in fertilizer.

Hopefully, the target will try to remove it by showering it with a hose so for a few years, the grass will always be slightly greener and longer in the same pattern.

Also, if you can get your hands on a dye called Neutral Red. Spike your target's drink with it. Red wine works est as it hides the colour. The special thing about the dye is that it comes out the same colour as it goes in, and pissing blood is a pretty scary experience!

For anyone who wants to do the above prank you can get the chemicals in shops that sells chemicals open to the public, plus i do aquire my stuff from a friends dad(He's a science teacher).
    But the best place to buy them is the internet.
    Preferrably http://www.kno3.com/ , it's the best place to get your hands on some mischief in a bottle, try it!
    It's not that hard to get!

And about the amount, for the Sodium Iodine, squirt it round the bowl like you would with Bleach, and the Hydrogen Peroxide, about 2 or 3 caps full(depending on the size of your cap).

Just experiment with it, until you can adjust it to the amount you think it suits, but it's good stuff when you set the trap at the beginning of lunchtime, and return finding the whole cubicle full of your foamy doom! lol! Good stuff! Good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

theKED wrote:
    For anyone who wants to do the above prank you can get the chemicals in shops that sells chemicals open to the public, plus i do aquire my stuff from a friends dad(He's a science teacher).
    But the best place to buy them is the internet.
    Preferrably http://www.kno3.com/ , it's the best place to get your hands on some mischief in a bottle, try it!
    It's not that hard to get!

And about the amount, for the Sodium Iodine, squirt it round the bowl like you would with Bleach, and the Hydrogen Peroxide, about 2 or 3 caps full(depending on the size of your cap).

Just experiment with it, until you can adjust it to the amount you think it suits, but it's good stuff when you set the trap at the beginning of lunchtime, and return finding the whole cubicle full of your foamy doom! lol! Good stuff! Good stuff!
    link not working!!

If anyone else needs any inspiration on practical jokes check out the following:

http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

when someone isn't looking, stick one of the gillette mach 3 or turbo razor handles next to someones ear. it feels like a wasp or a bee :D the resultant flinch always cracks me up!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PM me.

Need original, outrageous ideas on a big scale. MUST BE LEGAL(ISH).

Oh, and I need to lay my hands on a rocket. And to resort to basics: what's the best type of soap to use in large fountains?

Many thanks!
    rocket ? - fireworks are illegal down south without a permit.

don't use soap in public fountains - there are clean up costs and detergents work better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescein
    http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/FL/fluorescein.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

<snip> Are ye mad or what?<snip>
    Not recommending you do any of the above!
    More sane jokes I know of include unscrewing the top of a salt/pepper/sugar dispenser - so it all comes out at once when someone uses it.

The funniest joke I know of that was actually done is legal and non-evil. A guy sent a letter from his friend to a cosmetic surgery clinic inquiring about penis enlargement surgery. The friend was away from home in college so his mother opened the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Pierce a can of coke with a pen just under the hole on the side -
    hole isn't very noticable and the victim gets covered in the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I think a good one would be ,pick the poshest bus stop in town at 5.30pm.
    Preferably on a rainy day ,when everyone is pi**ed off . Get someone to dress up as a scruffy old man and cover him with brown stains
    Squash loads of stink bombs all over the clothes .

Then get him to skip the cue in the rain and get onto the bus really slowly ,picking out whatever coins he has.
    Then when the bus starts to move ,get him to move around the bus ,like hes drunk of something.

Advertisement