Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Your Favourite Monkee?

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Which Monkees member do you like best?

Favourite Monkee??? 18 votes

Mike Nesbith
    0% 0 votes
    Mickey Dolenz
    50% 9 votes
    Peter Tork
    27% 5 votes
    Davy Jones
    22% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mickey Dolenz is a God!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

ah mickey dolenz.. came in handy during a project on some eastern european country i had to do..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The Orangutan for sure, though I don't see it listed above for some reason?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangutan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Maybe that's because an Orangutan is an ape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

well mine is ian brown but......

• Advertisement

Maybe that's because an Orangutan is an ape.
    Damn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mickey Dolenz - always seemed the cheekiest and most 60s looking when you watched the TV show as kids.

Didn't his granny invent tippex or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I voted for Mike Nesmith (not Nesbith)! I had a bit of a crush on him as a young 'un. And it was Nesmith's mother who invented tippex.

Nightwish wrote:
    I voted for Mike Nesmith (not Nesbith)! I had a bit of a crush on him as a young 'un. And it was Nesmith's mother who invented tippex.

Sorry that, was a typo, it was very late the other night when I started this thread. I also put an 'e' in Micky's name, which shouldn't be there. That's why we shouldn't start threads when we're tired.
    I've been watching the first series of the Monkees on dvd for the last few days. It's classic. Highly recommend buying it to any Monkees fans.

Nightwish wrote:

Are you sure about that? According to Wikipedia it was invented by a german company.

• Advertisement

eo980 wrote:
    Are you sure about that? According to Wikipedia it was invented by a german company.

It was Nesmith's mother - also according to wikipedia and several Monkees biographical texts and documentaries.

eo980 wrote:

Nightwish was right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Paper

I assume Tippex must be a brand name that became a generic name for the product like Walkman..

Edit: snap captain neg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Alex Turner wasn't there. I wanted to vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nesmith wrote their best tunes and was the only one to sustain any sort of solo career afterwards (releasing a number of well respected country-rock albums). He is now supposedly fabulously wealthy - both as a result of his momma's invention and because he originated the format of MTV.

if you like the Monkees series, track down their film "Head" - it's completely off the wall (and jack Nicholson's in it too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Mike Nesmith. Bobble Hats, what more do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Davy Jones cause as far as i can remember all the others looked retarded

Davy was my least favourite monkee. I think it was the accent, annoyed me at times. Mike had all the best one liners in the TV show, but Micky was the main vocalist in the band, so it really is a close call between those two. Peter was always the token dummy, which made him more interesting than Davy, but compared to Mike and Micky he was nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭djeddy

:) I would like to film a sixties fun monkees style video for one of my songs :)

Put it to the people is now on you you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56q9TTnkDdU

They were a fab fun band had some real good songs,

Born to love one another is a fab song,

I think that is the title,song used to be played @ end of teley show

djeddy wrote:
    :) I would like to film a sixties fun monkees style video for one of my songs :)

Most tenuous way to advertise a tune ever. :rolleyes:

Advertisement